Civ V is incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ V is incomplete

I'm only into my second game with Civ V, so you can start flaming me all you want. My previous experience was with Civ III (which despite it's flaws, pulled me in) and Civ IV (which I adored as well).

I can say that many of the new changes in Civ V fascinate me and I'm having a great time re-learning the game again. One decision I'm having a really tough time with is if I should start a new game to try a strategy I just whipped up, or keep playing and try to turn around the losing game I've got going.

But one aspect has me quite angry. Civ V did not satisfy my girlfriend.

She asked me to show her the game that had kept me at my laptop for hours at end. I happily obliged and started up a new game for her. I played along with her and told her that for starters she should just try to do whatever the advisors told her to. At first I thought she might be enjoying it. She got a kick out of watching her warriors attack a barbarian camp. She got upset at Bismark for threatening her. She was excited when Hiawatha asked her for a pact of cooperation.

But then, after an hour, she started to get bored. I tried to emphasize how cool it was that the game used hexes, but she was disinterested. I asked her to consider the innovation of City States, but she could care less. Ultimately she only wanted to turn it off and watch a DVD with me.

Clearly there's something wrong with the game I love everything they did with it, but if it can't get my girlfriend interested, then they are missing something. I demand a patch immediately! Maybe they can include some Twilight Civ Rulers or a shoe shopping mini-game. Whatever it is, I will be disappointed until something is done.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Originally posted by Ninot View Post
    Civ V did not satisfy my girlfriend.
    Uhh... do you really want us to go into details how to satisfy your girlfriend?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

if Sid Meier can't, who can!?

Comment

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

This must the funniest thread ever!

"I demand a patch immediately!"

Comment

Great post Ninot!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm only into my second game with Civ V, so you can start flaming me all you want. My previous experience was with Civ III (which despite it's flaws, pulled me in) and Civ IV (which I adored as well).

I can say that many of the new changes in Civ V fascinate me and I'm having a great time re-learning the game again. One decision I'm having a really tough time with is if I should start a new game to try a strategy I just whipped up, or keep playing and try to turn around the losing game I've got going.

But one aspect has me quite angry. Civ V did not satisfy my girlfriend.

She asked me to show her the game that had kept me at my laptop for hours at end. I happily obliged and started up a new game for her. I played along with her and told her that for starters she should just try to do whatever the advisors told her to. At first I thought she might be enjoying it. She got a kick out of watching her warriors attack a barbarian camp. She got upset at Bismark for threatening her. She was excited when Hiawatha asked her for a pact of cooperation.

But then, after an hour, she started to get bored. I tried to emphasize how cool it was that the game used hexes, but she was disinterested. I asked her to consider the innovation of City States, but she could care less. Ultimately she only wanted to turn it off and watch a DVD with me.

Clearly there's something wrong with the game I love everything they did with it, but if it can't get my girlfriend interested, then they are missing something. I demand a patch immediately! Maybe they can include some Twilight Civ Rulers or a shoe shopping mini-game. Whatever it is, I will be disappointed until something is done.
              I think the problem is that your girlfriend is a vacuous airhead bint and you need to trade her in for a more intellectual, classy girlfriend
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Civ V did not satisfy my girlfriend.
                Well, you DO know that Trip was strongly involved in this version of civ, don't you...
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

SABOTAGE!!!

(yes, I knew that. I'm damn proud of the guy and happy for him )

Comment

Thanks, Ninot, for the funniest thread in years!
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                    X