Anyone Up For MP Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Up For MP Today?

I'm itching to get in another MP session. Having had a taste, I'm hooked!

I really enjoyed the game I played yesterday, so I propose the following settings:

Duel Map
    Continents
    No Barbarians
    No City States
    Standard Speed

The game yesterday took about two hours to finish, I believe. The continent thing was fun, because we each started on our own landmass so there was plenty of buildup before we could meet and go to war.

Robert Plomp and I played with no noticable lag (until I invaded) and a very smooth experience. He's in Holland and I'm in the US, so that was not a factor with the connection.

None of those settings are set in stone, I don't mind changing it up, so let me know if you're interested. I'd really like to try for a 4 person game, maybe with a pangea map...
    Last edited by pdxsean; September 25, 2010, 13:49. Reason: added details
    What's up, hot dog?

You played normal speed yesterday as well?

I think quick is a "must" for MP in civ5 with the generally decreased output of things.

Comment

Yeah, standard speed. It took us about 180 turns according to the last screenshot I have, and we finished not long after the start of the Renaissance. I don't like quick speed but understand it's one of those things that goes hand in hand with MP.
      What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Even quick is too slow. Bring back 2x production from Civ2. The game is totally unbalanced as is. Also, decrease the cost of the damn buildings. This isn't SP and no one is going to sit there and spend that kind of resources on buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
          Even quick is too slow. Bring back 2x production from Civ2. The game is totally unbalanced as is. Also, decrease the cost of the damn buildings. This isn't SP and no one is going to sit there and spend that kind of resources on buildings.

So true... There is a big difference between SP and MP.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just played an Arena game (on quick speed) and buildings really aren´t a priority. Even a wonder like Stonehenge often comes first before a granary or barracks.

Comment

Happy & Cultur buildings, costly but important - right, stonehenge extreemly cheap compared to how great it is.
              Hmm........Is this a good idear ?

Comment

Working...
              X