Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming cities

So, is there any way to do it?
    The links I found with google suggest that it is impossible and probably one of the things that will be patched.
    Are they right, or has anybody found a (maybe just not documented) way to do it (for example via hotkeys)

I hate it do be stuck with the default names with no way to change it
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

I believe there is. I think it's a tiny little button on the bottom right of the city name when you're in the city screen.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Renaming is in.

Go into the city screen, underneath the city name, to the right, there is a thing called "Edit". Click it and change the name to whatever you want.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ah now that you mention it ... i see, you´re right,
        a small writing saying "edit"

Thanks a lot and goodbye to Berlin...welcome Asgard
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Since were on the topic... How do you guys name your cities? What sort of theme do you use? Do you even have a theme? Default? What?

I start with the city name "The Capital" and then all my subsequest cities are all "The" something. The something is based on terrian, resources, proximity to others, or some other in game factor. The Ivory Coast is a city on the coast near some elephants. The Ranch has some cows nearby. The Wall is a city near another civ that I use to culturally block an opponent. The Forge is a city that I know will have a high production.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I for my part usually take either advanced mythological states, like Atlantis, Lemuria, Hyperborea,
            or places from the nordic mythology, like Asgard, Vanaheim, Valhalla etc. (most of the times my capital is named either Asgard or Atlantis)
            if there are more cities (like regularly in Civ IV) I usually switch to places from stories of H.P. Lovecraft about the old ones, like Leng, Kadath, Yuggoth etc.

Comment

Just curious, can you rename units? Or civilizations? (I finally played it on a friend's computer last night, still in process of buying the parts to put a new computer together.)
              "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

You can rename your civ before starting a new game iirc. Units can be renamed when and only when it has got a promotion, and only before the promotion is chosen.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You can rename your civ (and leader) at the very start, the setup screen. There's a tiny edit button there when you select your civilization.
                  What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    You can rename your civ before starting a new game iirc. Units can be renamed when and only when it has got a promotion, and only before the promotion is chosen.
                    Where must you click to rename the units?
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot View Post
                      Where must you click to rename the units?
                      There is an edit link on the "Unit Promoted" reminder. Just to the left and slightly below where it says "Unit Promoted!" it says edit.
                      Last edited by pdxsean; September 26, 2010, 11:27.
                      What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Working...
                      X