Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workers

I would imagine this was covered before it came out, but in past I would put several workers on a task to complete it quickly but you can only occupy one unit of a Class (I can out one military unit and one worker on a tile, not two workers or two military units).

Im sure this has some advantages but not something I am currently championing.

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

It does take some getting used to, especially when you're laying a road down to invade the enemy.
    What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
      It does take some getting used to, especially when you're laying a road down to invade the enemy.
      I wonder if a civilization has maybe an advantage where the workers that belong to them are quicker, like the CIV IV Indian (Ghandi) Fast Worker?

Thanks

Gramps

Comment

The Liberty social policy had a 25% speed increase that helps, it's easy to get early on. The pyramids double their speed as well. Don't know about any civ abilities, other than they aren't special in the four civs I've played so far.

To be honest, my workers run out of stuff to do pretty quick, around medieval times, that kind of helped me accept their slow poke ways. They're always the first to go when budget cuts come around.
        What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
          The Liberty social policy had a 25% speed increase that helps, it's easy to get early on. The pyramids double their speed as well. Don't know about any civ abilities, other than they aren't special in the four civs I've played so far.

To be honest, my workers run out of stuff to do pretty quick, around medieval times, that kind of helped me accept their slow poke ways. They're always the first to go when budget cuts come around.
          Im up to 12 cities, and just realized I dont need roads..(embarrassed!!)

I had made a massive network of spaghetti to move my goods and also for response time for attacks.

I am the Songhai so have some extra gold

But yes I will probably soon run out too and then give them their pink slips

Comment

You realize each road segment costs 1gp per turn? The spaghetti can add up. Only workers can remove roads, pillaging just makes them damaged.
            What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Working...
            X