Open Borders Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Borders Bug?

I'm trying to get rid of open borders with Rome in my current game, but I can't find any evidence anywhere that I actually have the agreement with him. Under Deal History I have no current deals with him at all, and under the deal history the last entry I can find for open borders with him was turn 171, and it's turn 300 now. He has a guy parked on an oil resource I'd like to work in my territory, and has also become hostile to me, so I'd like to kick him out before war breaks out with his units all in my territory.

If I go into the trade menu, Open Borders is grayed out, saying there's already a deal in place, but I can't find it!
    - Dregor

That's a good question, I haven't figured out how to cancel treaties yet.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well, the description for open borders says it lasts a certain number of turns, and at the end it has to be renegotiated or expire. Thing is that there's no visibly treaty even in place. :/
      - Dregor

Comment

Yup. Me 2. I can confirm what both of you wrote, plus one more: I get 'Defensive Pact' in the relations with the guys who would not sign even pact of cooperation with me (and prior to me acquiring appropriate tech).
        I reckon diplo part is the first one to get some major patching.

Comment

I'm stuck with an endless peace treaty with Russia. I stopped fighting her after she made an offer, and now a couple hundred turns later the declare war button is still disabled, "cannot declare war until current peace treaty expires". Her land is surrounded by my troops and I can't attack...

Comment

After all I read you are screwed as this seems to be one of the bugs, i.e. having endless non cancelable peace after signing an unlimited peace treaty (same goes for open borders I assume)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This is a confirmed bug.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I think they should make it easier to cancel existing treaties. One thing they didn't do.
                www.playnswap.com
                Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

Working...
                X