Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you decide where your next culture expansion will go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you decide where your next culture expansion will go?

The title basically says it all.

In the city screen I can see one hex/tile with a purple border and when I reach enough culture that tile will get added to my city.

But what if I want another tile instead? Is there anyway to move that purple thing?

The pdf manual and the civopedia have not been any help...

I don't know the answer, but anyone want to make a bet about whether it involves paying extra money to Firaxis?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Corran View Post
      But what if I want another tile instead? Is there anyway to move that purple thing?
      You can always buy it. They're not too expensive, usually 100-150 gold.
      What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Yea, I tried to do this as well, but couldn't figure it out. It'd be very nice to be able to assign the next tile to expand to.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          I don't know the answer, but anyone want to make a bet about whether it involves paying extra money to Firaxis?
          Sure... I'll take that bet.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I haven't found a way, but I have noted that the game prioritizes resources. Note, this is based on just the OCC game I played, so my experience is limited.
            Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

You don;t get to choose for free. You have to pay money.

So much for strategy.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I think that the next culture expansion goes on one of the tiles that a marked with a pink hexagon in the city screen.

Comment

The culture seems to go where it wants, which is mainly resources in the area around your city. I can understand how that is frustrating for us who are used to micromanaging our city screen. If we want to have optimal growth then we have to pay the gold at to expense of other gold using strategies
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Seems to prioritize resources, then go for the more "valuable" tiles like rivers.
                    - Dregor

Comment

It also doesn't like taking hill tiles, which can be annoying if you want production. Its doubly annoying since they are also usually a lot more expensive than flat tiles. I guess they want to make it harder to get good production tiles.

Comment

The tile aquisition AI prioritize the tiles, and mostly do a good job IMHO. If you want to decide how it expands, you need to pay up and buy the tiles yourself.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Nik is right that the AI does a decent job of chosing resource wise, not necessary tile wise.

It takes away options for MP though where you might wanna pick different

Comment

Yeah, I see nothing to lose by letting the player choose. Where is the exploit? And if you hate the micro, make it an option for the AI to pick new tiles. That's the way I would do it...
                            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26 View Post
                              Yeah, I see nothing to lose by letting the player choose. Where is the exploit? And if you hate the micro, make it an option for the AI to pick new tiles. That's the way I would do it...
                              It would greatly reduce the value of ability to buy hexes. Civ V is all about making interesting choices = you go what city wants or you spend money and buy what you want. I think people just want the easy options in...
                              The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                              certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X