Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam just installed the first update for Civ 5.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam just installed the first update for Civ 5.

It was 26.5 Mb and I'm not really sure what it did but it seems to be the first update/patch or at least the first one which I've noticed.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

There's some documentation that lists, among other things, improvements to pathfinding AI.
    What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Excellent. That's been the one of the things I've been *****ing about.

Comment

From the rather over moderated official 2K forum:

Released 9/23/2010

• Special character fix for Windows usernames: Users with non-english characters in their windows username would experience a game crash. This has been fixed, and a forthcoming fix will address an issue related to this where game victories are not recorded in the Hall of Fame.
        • Default resolution fix for DX9: Some users who have non-standard or below the minimum specification resolutions crashed before starting. Now, the system will change to Windowed mode and start so it does not crash.
        • AI city weighting: AI will not quite as freely offer up their cities when asking for peace.
        • Gold per turn glitch: When agreeing to a deal for anything above 5 gold per turn in exchange for something else (like a luxury), the deal would always only pay 5 gold per turn, regardless of the amount proposed. This has been corrected.

Today is the 24th and I just saw the patch today so I'm not sure if that was this one or if there is a second one not yet listed by the mods on that forum.

Comment

Funny, I could have swore I saw that same thing with five bullet points, the fifth being that the pathfinding had been boosted. My mistake, as the other four are all aspects of the new patch.

The AI makes some pretty strong deals for peace now, I keep getting gold and gold per turn after their invasions go bad.
          What's up, hot dog?

Comment

That patch came almost a day ago Oerdin.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So some moderator please delete my thread about it.
              Or edit the title... "The SECOND patch..."
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Btw, it is a great thing (or horrible thing, depending on your perspective...) that Steam already patched my game. I even noticed!
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas

Comment

Reading other threads, I could see that we have a great game in our hands, but quite unfinished. Corporations and schedules, probably...
                  But it doesn't matter. The question is, there are enough minor problems and some not-so-minor bugs reported so far.
                  The first patch (or second, if you consider the 0 day patch a real patch... Right, Nikolai?) doesn't address any of the bugs reported here and there... I never heard about the things it fixed, anyway...
                  So... I bet they are cooking a MAJOR patch right now (or they already did it, and I'll look stupid again)...

When?
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                  X