Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demostall

why is my game always stalling?

i have all the recommended system requirements, some stuff even higher.

Is this going to be happening when i buy the game this friday?

Thx

maybe this helps?

CPU
    Recommended: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz PASS

RAM
    Recommended: 4 GB
    You Have: 4.0 GB PASS

OS
    Recommended: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 7, 64-bit PASS

Video Card
    Recommended: 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 series or better, 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series or better
    You Have: GeForce GT 240 PASS

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 512 MB 2.7 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes Yes
    Pixel Shader version 4.0 4.0
    Vertex Shader version 4.0 4.0

Sound Card
    Recommended: Yes
    You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio PASS

Free Disk Space
    Recommended: 8 GB Free
    You Have: PASS

Comment

Did you try both DirectX versions of the Demo (i.e. 9.0 as well as 10/11) ?
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

yes i did

i put everything on low and stil stall
        you can hear the music, put the comp freeze

Comment

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Anyway, when I first am here: Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

all the newest update, went to the nvidia-site

Comment

The video card setting "PASS" is a bug or is referring to minimum requirements.

GT240 does not qualify, it is significantly weaker than the mentioned:
              Recommended: 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 series or better, 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series or better
              Get a new graphics card, these days you can get one good enough for under $150 from newegg.
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

The demo works fine on my old (3.5 years old) computer but I'm using direct X 9.0 instead of 11. Even with the 100 turn cap I was able to kill three civs and had 12 cities by turn 98.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i just tried to play the directx 9 game, and it stalled like the other games,

strange, that the gt240 is weaker, because it is the follow up op the 9800 series?

@ oerdin, you had al things on low? or what did you do?

Comment

Most of the stuff is on low but not all of it.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Lord Marcus, the naming schemes for most manufacturers goes as follows:
                      The first symbol is the generation
                      The second symbol is the "level" (high-end is usually 8 or 9, mid is 5-7, low is 4-)
                      AMD/ATI also uses third symbol, to make more scaling.
                      And NVidia is also famous for misleading people with naming.
                      This basically means that you can't say 240>9800, even if it's 2 "generations" "younger", because even if NVidia made sense with naming 240 is still low-end while 9800 was high-end at the time of release.

It is possible that you have also some software problem there, but GT240 is definitely not on the same level as 9800.
                      GT240 is essentially a cut-down version of the same architecture.

Try to reinstall the game first, I guess.
                      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

you can check the capabilities of your video card at

i guess the important thing is that it supports shader 3.0

Comment

gamestall

Ok, tried the real-game,

This doesn't work either, re-installed again, nothing, still stalling in game (when playing)

i putted everything on low in dx9 and dx10/11, lower resolution, ... still stalling,

realy???????

how can i desktop that is 3.5 years old play the game, my desktop is only 1 month old????????????????

Comment

Sometimes (in other games)
                            such problems could be solved by switching to another version of the graphics card drivers (sometimes an older version would work, while a newer version would cause problems).
                            Maybe you should try different versions of your graphics card drivers as well...perhaps one of the older ones gives you a working Civ V
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

doesn't work, maybe it's a program fault of civ5? are there already patches?

Comment

Working...
                              X