Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visual feedback on buildings within city tile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual feedback on buildings within city tile?

Can anyone verify if the city graphic changes to reflect building within the city? For example when a library is built - does the city change to reflect that? There seems to be little or no feedback when a building is contructed. Just an announcement and an addition to the list in the city window.

CivIV did a very nice job at this (you could actually see the new building as part of the cityscapte) - if it is not in CIV5 now I really hope they put it in some way.

I think only the wonders are visible on the map.

Comment

I looked at some of my cities and some of the buildings are visible. Colosseum, harbors, and lighthouses for example. Others I couldn't find, such as the monument (which seems like it'd be easy). I don't know if they're still there and just too hard to pick out from the normal buildings.
      What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Hmm.... it also feels like the the zoom stops one step short of a useful look at the city. In Civ IV you could zoom in look around at all your cool stuff - even rotate the camera agle to have a good look. This version seems to denegrate the whole visual reward for building. People like me like to get eye candy feed back for each milestone reached. In this version you just get an announcement and the buildings are just added to an abstract list.
        I hope they plan to add that back in another installment.

Comment

There is a graphic toggle for close in zooming, I believe. I didn't activate it because I don't care so much for that stuff, but it appears to be available. The tooltip was vague enough that I am not positive this is what it does, it might open up the ability to zoom further out.
          What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
            There is a graphic toggle for close in zooming, I believe. I didn't activate it because I don't care so much for that stuff, but it appears to be available. The tooltip was vague enough that I am not positive this is what it does, it might open up the ability to zoom further out.
            Not in the demo. So, there's this feature in the full game?
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
              Hey pdxsean! Do you mean "Alternate cursor zoom mode" under interface options? The tool tip says that it handles behaviour on zoom out and how it is anchored. Is that would you recalled?
              I toggled it both ways to see if it effect zooom in but it appears not.
              I don't see anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby007 View Post
                Hey pdxsean! Do you mean "Alternate cursor zoom mode" under interface options?
                No, it wasn't that one. The tooltip warns that it uses more graphic resources, if that is any help. I just went into options and looked for it, I believe it's in the graphics tab. I can't access those options since I am in game (like I'm going to save and return to main menu... ha, that'd take as long as typing out how I won't do it) but I bet you'll be able to find it in there.

It is possible I dreamed about it, but if that's the case my Civ V dreams are seriously disappointing.
                What's up, hot dog?

Comment

There is a setting in the CivilizationV.ini file that you can change to zoom in closer. I'm not at my home PC now so I can't say exactly which one it is. Should be easy to pick out from the descriptions though.

Comment

Working...
                  X