• Grandpa Trolls quick 'N eazee observations after 75 turns

Took Bismark of germany
    Prince Level
    Great Plains
    5 opponents
    Barbs on
    Victory Condition of Domination
    Standard Size Map

The first thing is interface, little getting used to but not overwhelming, actually very smooth thus far.

I had "feared" the "hexs" would be like some games that actually had hexes outlined but not really that bad to me.

Many more diplomatic options, one that is subversive but not an outright act of war but forget the name but tells you wont declare war if you agree to it.

Man, the barbs are everywhere....EVERYWHERE but love that you have ranged attacks from your city...remember only one unit can be garrisonned but such as life

Terrain is very well done, very realistic Love the resources and also the wonder that appear and you build a city near them to get that blessing

Not sure about stacking but think I read somewhere thats not allowed but not sure????

Many opportunities to interact with neighbors

I do enjoy this game thus far, am going to probably just start a fresh game and try a few thing different now that I see where I made some mistakes

I hope you folks enjoy this game, Im maybe not as hard to please or have as high of expectations as Eyes of Night does, but for me, old Gramps, its a refreshing take, certainly not the CIV III debacle that still has a bad taste in my mouth and hardened heart at those that made it, but a very enjoyable experience.

You will have to get the experts to talk of hammers and such but as for me, Im gonna take my noob old grizzled butt and KEEP ON CIVIN!!!!

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Civ5 is a game that you will absolutely grow to love. I can't go back to Civ4, even though it certainly has more refinement under its belt. Civ5 will be that and more, I think. Much more.

Good to see you, by the way.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Good to see the both of you again.

Comment

Right back at you both!

Let me add some more....I decided to keep going and say what the heck lets learn and grow, the barb encampments have yielded me three "Brutes" which have helped me attack other encampments

Oh and something I love, ( I hate when AI's build within your territory, just wouldnt see in a normal setting) but when you build close to another civilization you get a warning, and as I chose even if not to follow through, an agreement to not expand further......

I learned a trick, maybe from the great Paddy The Scott, I would simply triangulate around a neighbors civilization and then culture crush them

But as I have to be up early am, anough civ today about 137 turns thus far 5 cities I believe built

Grandpa Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

There are a ton of old timers coming back because of Civ5 plus lots of new faces.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i'm one of those lurking from under a rock
            have to wait to play the game but definitely will become active again here.
            Can't wait for the first democracy game

ps: had to try 10 times to dig up my accountname lol
            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              There are a ton of old timers coming back because of Civ5 plus lots of new faces.
              Yep.

But I still playing the demo. For 1 day an 11 hours... I don't understand the 2K policies. :dumb:

Anyway, I feel good playing Civ... The graphics are well, but for some reason I can't zoom so close as I wish. The 100 turn limitation is annoying... When the game is becoming good... It ends. Excellent to convince someone to buy it.
              But a torture to me, cause I already have the game, preloaded, upgraded and all.
              The combat system is way better, but I can't tell much about a game if I can't change any parameters, the demo doesn't allow it.
              Each one of the three civs I can try (Egypt, Persia and Greece) has a map. Yep, the same map, no matter how many times you start a new game...

Yes, I feel good... And I'm using the demo to learn something. What else can I do?
              A good start is essential, and I'll try to conquest a city state as said by Nikolai...
              Nikolai, do you think that 4 warriors and 2 archers can do the trick?
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Depends on how the terrain is around the CS and how advanced it is(affects units you meet but also city strenght). I'd have switched one of those warriors for an archer. Don't attack with melee units before your archers have done their duty. Three archers and two turns of bombardment should to wonders(especially if situated on a hill). If you had spearmen, you'd be guaranteed success, but I think you should manage fine as it is.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                X