No announcement yet.

This Game Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonewall, it is good you have come to realize your inferiority. If only the rest of the SP players could come to the same conclusions you have.

Comment

• The game didn't grab me; even worse - I am not compelled to play it at all. One of the major problems for me is the practical impossibility to distinguish the units on the map. In the previous installments you could see by a mere glance - those are spearmen and those archers... not to mention many units are almost invisible especially in the forest. Now I have to click on every unit to check what the hell is this. For me Firaxis tried to do something like Panzer General but failed.
      Also quite honestly i don't like the interface pop-ups. I can live with them but they remind me of console jump-and-run game for 8 years old kids. I want to have a control upon the game; don't want to game to force me what i should do next. I probably will do it anyway but trying to manage even few units when the game non-stop decides it must jump somewhere else is annoying at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handel View Post
        the practical impossibility to distinguish the units on the map. In the previous installments you could see by a mere glance
        Each unit has a unique shield that hovers over their head. I know I really didn't like the new unit graphics at first either (they don't stand out from the terrain imo) but now I just look at those little shields and I can see who is what in a glance.

Also quite honestly i don't like the interface pop-ups... but trying to manage even few units when the game non-stop decides it must jump somewhere else is annoying at least.
        You can leave the popups just hanging over on the side while you take care of your units and cities. If you take care of what the popup is alerting you to, it will often (not always) disappear. Another trick I found was for the city state popups you can right click on the Next Turn button (or at this point, City State Message button) and it will dismiss it. I feel the city production popup is far superior to the roller coaster ride through your cities at the beginning of each turn in previous versions.
        What's up, hot dog?

Comment

• Hm I disagree,
          to see which unit is which type ias extremly easy in this version.
          You just have to look at the shield hovbering above the unit, to immediately see the unit type.
          It even distinguishes special units from their normal variants (for example greek hoplites from normal spearman)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            Hm I disagree,
            to see which unit is which type ias extremly easy in this version.
            You just have to look at the shield hovbering above the unit, to immediately see the unit type.
            It even distinguishes special units from their normal variants (for example greek hoplites from normal spearman)
            Yes, I understand this. And probably will get used to it. But as a new player (not new at the series) I will need time to remember the shields - "wait now... this looks like an axe... hmmm what exactly an axe was meaning...". And it is weird the player once have to learn the units and then the shields of the units. As I said I will use to it - but until then this is an annoyance.
            And also when the unit is relatively far away it is extremely hard to evaluate its remaining strength at a glance.

Comment

Working...
            X