This Game Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
    Rah is a perfect example of how Firaxis chooses really poor beta testers. This is your MP beta tester right here people. lol A guy who never played competitively once in his life unless you count his weekend games with the other middle aged men of apolyton. How's that for competition? What a joke. I think this might actually be the game to kill the franchise.
    One, go back and climb back under the rock you emerge from every time there is a new version of CIV and complain about it's not as good as II. WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AND REALLY DON"T CARE.

Two, the only CIV IV MP game I played with you, you quit because you were getting kicked. (by declaring war on everyone then being surprised when we all attacked you back. Man, what a strategy. IT WASN'T A DUEL DUDE)

Third. You have no clue what happened during beta testing MP. A lot of issues were brought up and some still need to be resolved. Maybe if you weren't such a negative loudmouthed whiner you might have been asked to help to take advantage of some of the expertise you do have.

Four. You have to move on, and stop living in the past. You're worse than us old men that spend a lot of time talking about the good ole days.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Is it just me or do city states seem like a complete waste of money? Sure it is nice to get one or two weak units but for 500 gold it just seems a waste. The equation is even worse for the non-military city states because your 250 or 500 gold could have been spent rushing a science or culture producing building which then permanently improves your output while city states are only your friend or ally for a very short period of time.

I'm also continue to be completely amazed at how retarded and infective the automate explore AI is. I can literally watch the stupid scouts run around in circles constantly trespassing (and thus ruining relations) even though there are tons of unexplored tiles left yet for some odd reason it doesn't walk towards the unexplored tiles and instead just seems magnetically drawn to trespass yet again in a tile it was just at.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by jobe View Post
        Exactly my thoughts as well.
        It´s a self-fulfilling prophecy what Firaxis and 2K do here, claiming that civ is a SP game hence they don´t have to consider MP during design, development and testing.

Welcome MLL
        I wouldn't be pissed off quite so much that they'd screwed up MP in Civ 5 except for they did the exact same thing in Civ4 and Civ3 and even in Civ 2 MP. It's like the bastards haven't learned even though the community has been screaming about the poorly laid out and designed MP and UI (which is horrible for MP) for well over a decade and a half.

I tried to play an MP game last night and we lasted exactly five turns before it crashed and if it hadn't then I shudder to think how slow it would have been trying to move 20 units (in a specific order so that archers are in back and melee units in front) per turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          Is it just me or do city states seem like a complete waste of money? Sure it is nice to get one or two weak units but for 500 gold it just seems a waste. The equation is even worse for the non-military city states because your 250 or 500 gold could have been spent rushing a science or culture producing building which then permanently improves your output while city states are only your friend or ally for a very short period of time.
          Granted it really just for SP but

http://apolyton.net/content.php/126-CITY-STATES-who-s-your-buddy
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• City states can be a cornerstone of your strategy, but you have to commit to it and work it. For example, if you get 3 or 4 maritime CSs giving you food bonuses, your population growth can be astonishing. Or if you let CSs build your units for you, your production can be freed up for other things. But dipping your toe in the CS water will not yield much, I agree.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• So just use all of my money trying to suck off city states knowing they'll desert me in 5 turns?

Comment

• Read the article and try it. With a little effort you can have every CITY STATE as your ally most of the game. Granted it's not a sure thing but it works most of the time, even at the higher levels. The payback is quite great (much better than Yin believes ).
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Actually, I've come a long way on my appreciation for City States. But you do need to commit to it as a strategy. A few one offs of spending is, frankly, still basically a waste IMO.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Who ever wrote the pathing AI needs to be shot for incompetence. Try this for yourself because I've done it over and over and it ALWAYS results in the same bull****. Let us say you want to move two squares away and you have only one move left, this is entirely plains so all moves are equal and none offer any sort of better defensive bonus or anything. There are obviously three direct paths since it's a hex map but one of those three is a square owned by a city state and so it would involve trespassing and thus harm relations with the CS. EVERY SINGLE ****ING TIME if you don't individually click each square to move then the pathing AI will default to trespassing. It's that bad, literally EVERY TIME.

It's hard for me to imagine that they've been doing this for years yet still can't get the basics of AI right. Not even remotely. It's not a game breaker but it is extremely annoying and makes the game filled with a LOT more micro management of the bad kind even though they've removed some of the great stuff (like being able to control the money/science/espionage sliders claim that simple and easy idea was "too much micro management".

Comment

• One, go back and climb back under the rock you emerge from every time there is a new version of CIV and complain about it's not as good as II. WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AND REALLY DON"T CARE.

Two, the only CIV IV MP game I played with you, you quit because you were getting kicked. (by declaring war on everyone then being surprised when we all attacked you back. Man, what a strategy. IT WASN'T A DUEL DUDE)

Third. You have no clue what happened during beta testing MP. A lot of issues were brought up and some still need to be resolved. Maybe if you weren't such a negative loudmouthed whiner you might have been asked to help to take advantage of some of the expertise you do have.

Four. You have to move on, and stop living in the past. You're worse than us old men that spend a lot of time talking about the good ole days.
                      I quit that game because I got my city taken by barbarians. Nice job, you guys were really awesome. What kind of ****ing idiot turns huts and barbarians on in a game? Just more proof of the fact that you guys suck and aren't competitive players. I don't even need to know what happened during beta test because I need only look at the finished product to realize the incompetence that must have been involved in developing and shaping the game. Furthermore, they're never going to listen to someone anyway which is why Krill didn't even bother being a beta tester. Beta tester is just code for idiot willing to work for free that will give us cover when we launch a game with all kinds of errors and problems and that acts as a mouthpiece for us to the community providing positive reviews and info...i.e. you Rah. As for living in the past, I haven't played Civ2 since like 2002, except maybe a few games here and there over the years. The last civ2 game I played was back in 2007 maybe. In fact, I don't really even mention Civ2 when I talk about how bad this game is. The reality is that you have nothing to stand on, your failure is plain for all to see.

Comment

• YAWN.... Get a new act Eyes. While you do have some valuable insights, they just get lost in the diarrhea spewing from your lips.

Maybe people might actually listen to you if you weren't such an ass
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The title of this thread sucks. No imagination, nothing new. Same old title used a thousand times before. All that time to come up with a really new, interesting and challenging title and what do we get? "This game sucks." Didn't even use 'sux' or 'is teh sux'

I'm going back to the Civ2 thread, "this game sucks" it was a better MP experience.

Comment

• I quit that game because I got my city taken by barbarians. Nice job, you guys were really awesome. What kind of ****ing idiot turns huts and barbarians on in a game? Just more proof of the fact that you guys suck and aren't competitive players. I don't even need to know what happened during beta test because I need only look at the finished product to realize the incompetence that must have been involved in developing and shaping the game. Furthermore, they're never going to listen to someone anyway which is why Krill didn't even bother being a beta tester. Beta tester is just code for idiot willing to work for free that will give us cover when we launch a game with all kinds of errors and problems and that acts as a mouthpiece for us to the community providing positive reviews and info...i.e. you Rah. As for living in the past, I haven't played Civ2 since like 2002, except maybe a few games here and there over the years. The last civ2 game I played was back in 2007 maybe. In fact, I don't really even mention Civ2 when I talk about how bad this game is. The reality is that you have nothing to stand on, your failure is plain for all to see.
                            I'll let sane people judge that.

Oh, and I love your excuse for that game. Everyone else in that game remembers it a bit differently, but we'll leave you your delusions.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I don't need people listen to me. Also, I'm fully aware my ideas will never get implemented because it's not about putting out a game anymore so much as it is seeing how long they can carry on the franchise without actually doing anything. It's interesting to me that we can look back starting with Civ3 where the name of the game becomes "simplification." So basically their idea of a new game is taking things out of the game, giving it a graphics update, and then saying it's a new game. Why would I even begin to waste my time working with a company that operates like that? There is no way in hell I'd want to have my name associated with them. At this point, my only reason for posting in this thread is seeing how high I can get the post and view count. At the end of the day, none of this matters to me in the slightest.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                I'll let sane people judge that.

Oh, and I love your excuse for that game. Everyone else in that game remembers it a bit differently, but we'll leave you your delusions.
                                Nothing like a narcissus making up excuses, right?
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X