It's 15 minutes for me at ~2MB/s
    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Greece, Persia, Egypt
      Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Exactly...
        great intro btw.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Maybe someone else had this problem too: I purchased Civ5 on steam and pre-loaded it. Being European and thus excluded from playing the full version yet, I wanted to download the demo. I tried x times - steam opened but nothing happened. I guess there is a bug downloading the demo with the full version already preloaded.

Solution: create a 2nd steam account for the demo and try there. For me this worked perfectly (still downloading).

Comment

I thought the demo was supposed to be 150 turns? I played 100 turns, and it said "end of demo". Dammit! ) Will have to buy it now. It is pretty good, though, although production seems to be too slow. Also of course on my laptop fps is low, but I can't complain really.

Comment

the demo doesn't load - it simply crashes. this doesn't spell any good for friday's europe launch for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                the demo doesn't load - it simply crashes. this doesn't spell any good for friday's europe launch for me.
                Did you try both versions?
                There is a DirectX 9-version as well as a DirectX 10/11-Version
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Proteus, I did... I'll experiment with installing a DX10 for XP now, and I read something about a fullscreen trick...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                    who cares? allegiances shift quickly. if unique content becomes available on apolyton positions will shift. other than that, it's a free world. until i fully develop my police state social policies anyway
                    It's the advantage of being on a new dynamic cloud server with new software.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                      It's the advantage of being on a new dynamic cloud server with new software.
                      software/hardware by itself doesn't guarantee human activity. you need people to (ab)use it. remember the variomatic?

Comment

Originally posted by clausewitz View Post
                        Maybe someone else had this problem too: I purchased Civ5 on steam and pre-loaded it. Being European and thus excluded from playing the full version yet, I wanted to download the demo. I tried x times - steam opened but nothing happened. I guess there is a bug downloading the demo with the full version already preloaded.

Solution: create a 2nd steam account for the demo and try there. For me this worked perfectly (still downloading).
                        Hmm... I'm brazilian and downloaded (playing) the demo without problems. And I have the game preloaded on my computer, it will unlock 23 september...
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I played a couple of quick games on prince up to about turn 75. My greece game had me taking berlin with a few archers a warrior and companion cavalry. My cavalry died in the same attack that took the city to zero hp, so i had to rush another cavalry down to finish it off.

I started a quick game as Egypt, on a plains/rivers start. lovely. I got civil service from the great library so things are looking promising there!

I wonder if its possible to win withing the time limit? the continents will mark that harder to win a domination voctory
                          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by sgrig View Post
                            I thought the demo was supposed to be 150 turns? I played 100 turns, and it said "end of demo". Dammit! ) Will have to buy it now. It is pretty good, though, although production seems to be too slow. Also of course on my laptop fps is low, but I can't complain really.

Yep. It sucks. And I have the game already, expecting the damn thing to be unlocked.
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas

Comment

most of the issues seem to be video-card related. i've done some propietary research, as none of the forums solved my problems:

my problems seem to be related to the fact that my video card barely scratches the minimum. i found this tool:

Download page of 3D-Analyze latest release. 3D-Analyze is a free utility that provides emulation of hardware transform and lighting (TnL).

this is a tool that allows you to emulate aspects of the newer cards. i haven't tried it yet, as i'm re-downloading the demo. but i'm guessing this might work towards a solution for a number of people, especially on the lower end of the the video spectrum..

gl, i hope to have some when my download finishes in a few hours.

Comment

I want to know if this happened with another one... Every game I started as any of the three leaders, I've got the same map (in fact, three maps: one for each leader). The same. Weird...
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                                X