The demo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    That's the dubious advantage of being a has-been civ site.
    who cares? allegiances shift quickly. if unique content becomes available on apolyton positions will shift. other than that, it's a free world. until i fully develop my police state social policies anyway

Comment

Here it is:
      http://store.steampowered.com/freestuff/demos/

Downloading now...
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Downloading the demo! 15 min left... Very anxious to try the demo, because my laptop is just under the minimum specs, so not sure how it will run

Comment

Too slow. Hey guys, can you stop downloading the demo immediately?
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas

Comment

Originally posted by sgrig View Post
            Downloading the demo! 15 min left... Very anxious to try the demo, because my laptop is just under the minimum specs, so not sure how it will run
            Yeah, I'm in the same position.

I have no idea what the ETA is, it keeps fluctuating a lot!
            Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

by the way, check out the Steam content delivery bandwith peak. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/
              it went kaboom at 10 EDT, what a surprise

a lot of traffic coming from Europe as well. in other words, civ-enthusiasts in Europe are having a go at the demo en masse.

this says a lot about the power of retail, brick-and-mortar stores clinging on to their last vestige: the ability to show a plastified box containing a dvd. mostly the stupidity of us, actually.

direct-to-drive and steam, please trump those dinosaurs, so we can avoid this 3 day wait in the future. it's ridiculous, it consumes massive amounts of your/our bandwith for no good reason, and it only serves to sustain the position of your competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                by the way, check out the Steam content delivery bandwith peak. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/
                it went kaboom at 10 EDT, what a surprise

a lot of traffic coming from Europe as well. in other words, civ-enthusiasts in Europe are having a go at the demo en masse.

this says a lot about the power of retail, brick-and-mortar stores clinging on to their last vestige: the ability to show a plastified box containing a dvd. mostly the stupidity of us, actually.

direct-to-drive and steam, please trump those dinosaurs, so we can avoid this 3 day wait in the future. it's ridiculous, it consumes massive amounts of your/our bandwith for no good reason, and it only serves to sustain the position of your competition.
                Perfect analysis...

That's why I'm asking you Europeans folks to stop the download immediately! You're delaying my plans of conquer! Well, at last in a standard world size, 150 turns and two days more until the real thing. Ok, I'll survive.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas

Comment

I got the demo in 35 minutes at a solid 1.2MB/s
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

My apartment has allowed Verizon people in to install something. I'm praying they don't pull my Comcast cable out out of spite.

Comment

I have half of your speed... 650 KB/s. And I pay for 20 times this speed!
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas

Comment

I'm downloading at about 200 KBS. Normally it would be a lot more, but my router strength is low and I have to be away from the source for the Verizon workers. They are really messing with my plans today!

Comment

Installed the demo! And it works!! Woohoo! Will play a bit more, and then will probably buy the whole thing!

Comment

That's good to know. My ETA is still awhile away (it seems my ETA will be "When the workers leave"). Hopefully I won't have any problems either.

Comment

Which are the 3 civs in the demo?
                              Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'll tell you in about three minutes (download speed just went to 1.7 MBS).

Comment

Working...
                                X