Steam, Must You Taunt Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam, Must You Taunt Me?

I just loaded steam up and saw this. I am ashamed to admit, I got my hopes up for a second before I realized there's no way they'd release it early. Still, weird that the "preload" button has changed to "play" considering that I preloaded it a week or so ago.

If you can't tell by my sudden appearance and flurry of postings, I'm really beside myself with anticipation and can't find anything to do other than distract myself here. Sorry to barge in like this!
    Obsessively refreshing hoping for new tidbits
    36.36%
    Playing Civ IV and bidding adeiu to Buddhism and Sids Sushi Co
    22.73%
    Working/Spending time with loved ones like a normal person.
    9.09%
    Wishing I lived in the USA where I'd actually get the game tomorrow.
    31.82%
    What's up, hot dog?

lol 'wishing i Lived in the US'

I really hope we can get the demo tomorrow, it would be a real kick in the balls if I have to wait for that to unlock too
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I've been doing the first one all day on my phone (at work). I'll be doing the second tonight, when I get home.

As far as flurries, I've barely been around these last few years, but I haven't gone more than a few hours without Poly these past two weeks.
      Last edited by Sabre2th; September 20, 2010, 16:56. Reason: Typo

Comment

Double Post

Stupid phone doesn't like Poly
        Last edited by Sabre2th; September 20, 2010, 16:56.

Comment

By the way, where are the bananas options lately?
          The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
          certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
          -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

No banana option. No good!

Voted for "Wishing I lived in the USA where I'd actually get the game tomorrow"...
            Unless I can play the demo. In this case, I would vote for the first option.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

hehehe for the first time in my life I wish that I to lived in the usa good one nice poll

Because of the time difference is actual just 3 days and 18 hrs or something that I have to wait longer. You know what is more irritating than have to wait? That when I CAN play the game I have to work until monday... still 3 more days waiting to play the game! Well I bet I can read all about the game tommorrow, or perhaps everybody is playing and there is no one arround for days here
              Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
                By the way, where are the bananas options lately?
                I suspect it's because of the influx of new members. They don't know how cranky some of the older and crustier folks get when there's no banana option

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty new, I had no idea about the banana thing. If it's any consolation I did try to make each option mildly humorous on their own.
                  What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
                    Yeah, I'm pretty new, I had no idea about the banana thing. If it's any consolation I did try to make each option mildly humorous on their own.
                    Don't take it personally. Just cranky, old folks being cranky, old folks.

A 'banana' option does help a bit though, for people who don't have an opinion and want to be able to see the poll results without clicking the 'results' button every time they visit the thread.

Welcome to Poly!

Comment

Originally posted by Aro View Post
                      No banana option. No good!
                      srsly

invalid poll

11 hrs to go!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm still playing Civ4 and waiting for honest reviews. The official reviews always have to be nice or else they'll get cut out of the official circuit but reviews by actual real players dish out the down and dirty reality instead of the soft ball version.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

it is already 10:10, and yet steam will not let anybody play....
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

The game is decrypting as we speak.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                            X