Strategy Informer interviews Jon Shafer and Dorian Newcomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Informer interviews Jon Shafer and Dorian Newcomb

Strategy Informer placed an interview online with Civilization V Lead Designer Jon Shafer and Project Art Director Dorian Newcomb. The interview is, among other things, about Steam (did you know that you can easily transfer saved games between different installations of civ5 because of Steam?), different platforms for civ5 and how the Firaxians are able to keep a professional distance to remain critical to their own work.

When asked, Shafer explains the choice for the PC Platform for Civilization 5: "Well with Civ V in particular - that's PC exclusive, and will always be. You're not going to be seeing that on any other platforms, that's where we designed the game. And because of that we were able to take advantage of the latest tech stuff, Steamworks, DirectX 11, Multi-core etc... We didn't really want to compromise that and say 'Now, how can we make this work somewhere else...'.". And that's why it's a single platform release: "I think that if you're going to make a game for PC, then that's what you should do."

The interview ends with a ultimate attempt to get Dorian Newcomb to admit that he reads Strategy Informer. Newcomb promises: "Well, I will now! I will make it a fact." which makes it possible to end the interview with the following line: "And Dorian Newcomb reads Strategy Informer - FACT"

Read the entire interview at Strategy Informer

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori
Working...
X