1UPT and other civ's units.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1UPT and other civ's units.

Does anybody know how would 1UPT work with regard to blocking other civ's units when you are at peace with them.

For example if there is a 2 hex choke point and you put two rows of of your own units there would this mean that other civ's units with 2 moves won't be able to pass through that choke because they cannot end their turn on a tile occupied by your units and they don't have enough moves to bypass them in a single turn.
    Quendelie axan!

I imagine that it will act as a barrier, but with units being able to take to the water without pre-made transports, it shouldn't be a huge issue. I'm assuming there will be a tech requirement for units to go on water, but I don't imagine it'll be too far in.
    - Dregor

Comment

Yeah, I suppose you could block units from other civs in neutral territory if you wanted but unless you're playing on a Pangaea map people would just sail around you plus I doubt most folks would have enough units that early in the game (when there is still a lot of unclaimed territory) to make an effective wall.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by dregor View Post
        I imagine that it will act as a barrier, but with units being able to take to the water without pre-made transports, it shouldn't be a huge issue. I'm assuming there will be a tech requirement for units to go on water, but I don't imagine it'll be too far in.
        Hum... Nice! It's like Civ III...
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Blockage of other civ's units (even in 3rd-party neutral territory) has been confirmed in that Iroquois playthru vid (at The Escapist) as he attempts to keep the Ottomans from attacking a city-state.

Comment

Originally posted by dregor View Post
            The tech is Optics for coastal tiles and I believe Astronomy or whatever equivalent for ocean tiles. It was in the live feed.

Comment

Working...
            X