New Apolyton Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Apolyton Website

Wow, this is sweet compared to the mess that was the old site.

Very slick, well refined, and easy to navigate.

Hats off to you Robert!

If you check "site feedback" forum, you will find out that lots of us do not like this new design in terms of usability - too bright destructing colors and white text on black that it difficult to read. Also the site name now is Dpoliton, due to Delta instead of A. I personally find myself much less frequently browsing this side, simply because it is unpleasant to my eyes (I am not talking about taste, but about physical discomfort in my eyes when I look at the site for some time). A+ for effort, C- for actual design.
    I do hope though that they will produce better skins for us to chose (they already have produced "no background image" skin, which helps tremendously)
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

The biggest problem is the fact that the text box for typing replies doesn't match the color scheme It should be white on a light black. And the fact that the orange makes it look like a traffic cone.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I have to say I agree we could use more color options. The colors don't really bother me that much, but I'd like a white/gray option. Given the gray on the top, I think it could be made to work nicely without disrupting things too much. Or perhaps swap the black and gray (black on top, gray background).

I also noticed about the logo (I thought I'd be the only one who paid attention to that ), but I don't think it's a big deal.

None of this keeps me from reading the site of course...

Comment

@MxM: it would be interesting to see if people in this forum, who do not read the Misc forums, have the same opinions.
          Opinions feed opinions, you know

@Pinchak: thanks!

@Sabre2th: there's nothing wrong with the logo!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
            If you check "site feedback" forum, you will find out that lots of us do not like this new design in terms of usability - too bright destructing colors and white text on black that it difficult to read. Also the site name now is Dpoliton, due to Delta instead of A. I personally find myself much less frequently browsing this side, simply because it is unpleasant to my eyes (I am not talking about taste, but about physical discomfort in my eyes when I look at the site for some time). A+ for effort, C- for actual design.
            Exactly the same opinion for me I predict a certain desertion of this site if the administrators continue to ignore the fact that an important amount of memebers dislike 'physically' the white on black design. I don't mention other graphic 'collateral effects'.

Robert, please, change the skin
            Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

I have to agree that it would be nice to have other skins available
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

My first time back since the revamp... Bob... yer killin me.

White on black blows. Yeh it looks nifty, but the strain on the eyes gets real bad after any length of time. Granted trafic on Poly has faded, but i expect CV to bring it back, and if i spent hours on the sight (like I did for CIV) it would drive me insane.

I hate web forums that make me scroll back to top to get back to an index. Please add the buttons to the bottom as well.

Widen it. why is half my screen wasted. I'm not even using a widescreen moniter. H8 it.

I will be visiting the feedback threads next...
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
                  If you check "site feedback" forum, you will find out that lots of us do not like this new design.
                  I generally disagree with the majority, so this all makes sense.

Comment

I don't like the small font size or the white on black.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The font size is the same as far as I can see. Is your browser set to smaller fonts?
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

"View first unread" is not working for me. It always starts me at post #1. Other than that it looks great!

Comment

The 'reads' database has been reset, so everybody has lost all unread marks.
                          Now the readmarks are stored in the database, instead of in the cookies.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I do not like the new colourscheme as well. But it is probably a matter of getting used to...
                            Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
                            Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
                            New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

I have changed the colour and no background and now it is much better! Thanks for the option to change it.
                              Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
                              Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
                              New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X