Robert Plomp's hands on preview of Civilization 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Plomp's hands on preview of Civilization 5

http://apolyton.net/content.php/36-A...-Civ5-Hands-On!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Good review
    Sounds like I should have tried the advanced starts as well and jump forward to modern times, instead of only using Quickstart.
    Well, now I have to wait till official release
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; August 21, 2010, 04:04.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Still gonna try the demo before I make any decisions. I am becoming more optimistic as time goes by, however.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hmmm...I am not sold on the giant death robots. And great artists building something in a field with a film crew? Hmmm...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

They're really in the game? I thought it was a joke.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The GDR feels very very very powerful.
            He's supposed to be balanced by upkeep and build costs. I really woner how that will work out.
            I'm not very eager to play it either. I also feels too much.... SF to me.

On the other hand, it is cool to build one and walk it to your enemies though

The Great Artist felt pretty ok. 4 culture not so much, but I think it's a good idea to let more stuff happening on the map itself. Now may have to defend it against incoming armies!? (did not try that out, just thinking out loud)
            The Great General can also build something on the map, I think it was something that increased battle odds, something like a fort, but different.

I've always advocated civ to move away from managing a bunch of cities into this empire building thing.
            More should happen on the map
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Robert's plump hands on preview of Ci V ? WTF?
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
              X