No announcement yet.

Giant. Death. Robot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring me the severed head of Perfection.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I like the idea, I've always wanted to see technological deveopment in civ go past modern tech and into new concepts.

That said, I'm not really a fan of the name or description.

Comment

I have... reservations about Civ5.
        Me too.

And I originally planned on taking some vacation time to enjoy this game when it was released. Maybe I should re-evaluate that decision...maybe I should re-evaluate doing a pre-order...since I haven't done it yet.

Comment

I'm doing the same. Will try the demo.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I think I'll now wait until they begin handing out free copies at subway stations.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Giant death robots are stupid

I hope that all of them die a horrible death at the hands of brave spearmen.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

IIRC, there was a civ3 scenario with GDR and other futuristic variants that I played once "just to see". It was a waste of time IMO.

As for walkers themselves, they are "practical" in very tough terrain where tracked and wheeled vehicles cannot go (personally I think mules or donkeys are a better choice). Last time I paid attention though there was a substantial amount of development of walking vehicles funded by DARPA.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Giant Death Robots are the best thing since sliced bread.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah, and they will make Civ V RTS also...
                    Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
                    Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
                    New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are not 100% serious about this. Not because it's a moronic idea, not because of the silly civilopedia text, just because the robot depicted does not, in fact, have gatling-gun arms. Given their priorities thus far in development, there's no way they'd let anything less than graphically perfect pass, even on an abortion of a concept like this. Also, it's hard to see how that robot could "kung-fu punch." So I believe natural wonders will remain the only utterly retarded thing about CivV. So far.

My theory is, they used up their one April Fools' joke with the "extreme diplomacy" gag and didn't want to let this second idea go to waste.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

WTF is wrong with you people? (The ones who don't like GDRs)
                        "

Comment

This is clearly that secret unit that could be unlocked only in a very special way.
                          It's an easter egg. It's a nodd from Firaxis to the community
                          It's a joke people.

I love it!
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I think it's awesome. Cool, and fun.

Having any kind of futuristic units is a great idea.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

I most cerntainly hope its a joke.

And @EPW: you could also ask the question the other way around!
                              Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
                              Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
                              New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

Why do so many Civ players have so little sense of humour?
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X