Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DanQ says there will be a pre-release demo version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanQ says there will be a pre-release demo version.

He's saying it on polycast 100. Anyone know anything about when the pre-release demo version will be available? It's not like we have that much time before Civ5 is released. Also it would be interesting to see how many features will be enabled on the demo.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

More Info

One of PolyCast's return guest co-hosts asked Firaxis Games Executive Producer Barry Caudill if there was going to be a CivV demo released before the game itself. His answer was "yes there will". I then asked in follow-up a few moments later if it would be similar to CivIV's: [X] number of turns with a selection of [X] number of civs. CivV Producer Dennis Shirk answered this as "it's gonna be basically the full game just locked down for time".

Whether this means most if not all CivV civs will be available to play during whatever the given timeframe is not clear; there was also no indication if let alone how the technology tree will be affected, as was the case with CivIV's (limited scope).
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

They'll have to limit it some how I imagine but maybe it will only be for 50 or 100 turns or something.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

100 turns would be consistent with CivIV's.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

From Greg on the Civ V site:
          V Demo Announced!

Many of you have written on the forums and emailed in questions about whether or not there will be a public demo for Civilization V.

Well, today I am excited to get to tell you that yes, there will be!

The demo will be released in September, before the full game is released. More details about what will be available in the demo, as well as the exact release date are coming soon, so stay tuned!

Comment

I think I'll wait for the demo and not pre-order this time around. While the changes could be awesome, there are enough flags raised for me to be a bit more prudent. How I remember MoO3...
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.

That's indeed good news!
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

A demo... That means, there's no full (and already pre-ordered, twice - one boxed, one "steamed") CiV in september?
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Aro View Post
                  A demo... That means, there's no full (and already pre-ordered, twice - one boxed, one "steamed") CiV in september?
                  Barring some kind of serious problem, the full game will be release on September 21. They've been pushing that date too long for it to just go away.

What makes you think that changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th View Post
                    Barring some kind of serious problem, the full game will be release on September 21. They've been pushing that date too long for it to just go away.

What makes you think that changed?
                    Historically, many companies release a demo prior to regular release, some companies for feedback and some as a chew toy while regular anticipated game gets "finishing touches" put on so we will have the best.game.ever!

Ok, I will bite, I will buy this game when it comes out as I have only been burned by CIV III Conquests abomination, the rest have been good to great!

This is just my take on it

Grandpa Troll
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                    X