A question about modding Civ5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about modding Civ5

I've noticed both 2K and Fraxis keep saying Civ5 will be easy to mod but I'm not sure on the details. What programing language do you have to know or will there be an easy utility included so that even those of us who aren't programmers can get into the modding action?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Lua, C++, XML - they have hinted that there will be a Lua IDE included with Civ V. Other than that, details are fuzzy.

Comment

So no utility? It looks like only people who know programing languages will be involved with modding then.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by thyrwyn View Post
        Lua, C++, XML - they have hinted that there will be a Lua IDE included with Civ V. Other than that, details are fuzzy.
        Im unaware about Lua, minimal C++ (from limited Call To Power modding using something similiar) but XML, this is what BTS has, so that part shouldnt be a problem once we get details released on what does what?

I dont play MP and probably wont PBEM but merely use for sp enjoyment, so hopefully modding will be fairly easy for simple changes.

Thanks

Grandpa Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
          Im unaware about Lua, minimal C++ (from limited Call To Power modding using something similiar) but XML, this is what BTS has, so that part shouldnt be a problem once we get details released on what does what?

I dont play MP and probably wont PBEM but merely use for sp enjoyment, so hopefully modding will be fairly easy for simple changes.

Thanks

Grandpa Troll
          I thought I read somewhere, they were using Lua in place of XML. I don't know it either, but it shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            So no utility? It looks like only people who know programing languages will be involved with modding then.
            We don't know much I think. But there have been tools in previous games. I guess one could make a program or two that helped with the modding, using Lua or whatever, so why shouldn't it be possible for Firaxis to deliver that?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X