Maryland Declares 'Civilization V Day'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland Declares 'Civilization V Day'

September 21st, the American release date of Civilization 5, will be officially recognized as the "Civilization V Day" in the state of Maryland!
    The proclamation was signed today by Governor Martin O'Malley.
    "Sid Meier is known throughout Maryland and the world as a pioneer of electronic gaming" the statement reads.

All people of the state are called upon to celebrate this salute to Sid Meier and Civilization.

Read more on Gamasutra

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

I take back my opinion that Maryland (outside of Hunt Valley, home of Avalon Hill and Civilization both) is a crap state. When the government does something like this, they have enough of a combination of a sense of place, the sardonic, and civic pride that cuts through the BS and actually makes a statement.

Comment

The gov apparently didn't want Sid to push back the release date. This should do it!
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

O'Malley is clearly trying to lock up that ever important Civ Gamer demographic.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well he got my vote
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Get me Bob McDonnell's email. There is no way Virginia can let Maryland beat its ass in this
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
            X