Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now there's yet ANOTHER pre-order option...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now there's yet ANOTHER pre-order option...

Direct2Drive is offering this for preorder:

Civ5
    Civ3
    The first "Double Civilization and Scenario" DLC (due for release sometime in the Fall)

All for $49.95.

Can we PLEASE get some goddamned transparency from 2K? This is getting beyong ridiculous.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

...This is ridiculous. It doesn't seem like a very good package compared to the steam preorder so I'm not worried about missing out or anything but this has me more hesitant to buy the game (to say nothing of preordering it) than I already was.

Comment

I bet they can just smell the benjamins they're trying to rake in

Sadly, I think it's likely to work.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Are they discounting the price because they are offering Civ 3 with it?
        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

I had the same thought. Who the **** would want Civ3, when one could play the (hopefully) far-superior Civ5, or the definitively far superior Civ4?

Comment

Like last week or something, you could get Civ3 off steam for like $2.49 I think. Clearly, Civ3 is considered a pittance now. Direct2Drive is probably throwing it in for ****s and giggles and the off chance that it could give a little nudge to interest someone in buying Civ5 from them.

Also, what is Double Civilization and Scenario?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Like last week or something, you could get Civ3 off steam for like $2.49 I think. Clearly, Civ3 is considered a pittance now. Direct2Drive is probably throwing it in for ****s and giggles and the off chance that it could give a little nudge to interest someone in buying Civ5 from them.

Also, what is Double Civilization and Scenario?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah, I dont think this is a 2K thing. As for civ3, I'm still waiting for my check from Sid for all the work I did debugging the PBEM game.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I think it's like how moderately-hot chicks will go out to bars with ugly friends; the bad company makes them look stunning by comparison. Same thing here.

No, wait, it's just a cynical, amoral attempt to reel in suckers with a bad game. Never mind.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Over at CivFanatics, one of the 2K reps says he's making a chart of pre-order options and features that they will post on the Civ V website.

I remember when I could go to the store and purchase games in a box that were just as complete as any other version of the game...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Oh, pull the other one, Grandpa.

Comment

Working...
                      X