Favorite Character to Play, and Friendships with Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Character to Play, and Friendships with Leaders

Cleopatra was one of my favorite allies, however, she has changed over the years begining with Civ III Conquest. Since, I have concentrated on my seamanship . . . she is just not the same. We had a big advanced war, and she has never been the same. Most of the time, I have been building up my Byzantine Empire. In the DS version, I play the Spanish Empire. I guess when I started Civ IV, I did not know who to play. I tried several people, and each time, it turned into a ground war. My sea support seemed to be more of a background effect. And Cleopatra seems much more distant than she was when I did not know how to play. Most of the other characters too have their own personalities. And each have become real in a way to me. In Civ V, I wonder how each character will look, and I wonder if they will develop a personality . . . and sometimes, I wonder if they will remember.

I always get a kick out of playing the south american and native american civs. It's great, in my mind, to be able to envision these peoples rising to technological and political power instead of being oppressed like in the real world. How different the Americas could be today.
    - Dregor

Comment

I'm just glad civ evolved to where it makes a difference who you are and who your neighbors are.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by dregor View Post
        I always get a kick out of playing the south american and native american civs.
        I get a kick out of playing the NA also, but mainly for the PHIL benefit to wonder whoring and the ease with which one can attain Drill IV crossbows.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Or using oracle to take feud and do an early rush with unstoppable Drill IV longbows.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X