Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitboss, PBEM and Hotseat confirmed for Civ5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitboss, PBEM and Hotseat confirmed for Civ5!

Brian Leahy of Shacknews interviewed Civilization V producer Dennis Shirk. They talk about the social policy system. How the Honor branch reflects your military and piety your culture. Eventhough the social policies will not have an impact on diplomacy, it will make a difference for your relations with the city states.

More interesting is the news about Natural Wonders! The early game will, apart from the hunt for ruins (the new 'huts'!?), also include a hunt for special spots on the map. "[L]ike a mysterious crater or volcano here or there - that kind of thing. If you discover those, it will increase happiness within your civ. If you found cities next to them it's a huge boon in gold and other odds and ends." Shirk explains.

As a bonus it is revealed that one month after it's initial release, Pitboss will be added to the game. (Pitboss for Civ4 was also released later). Play by e-mail and hotseat will be included in this 'Pitboss' release. Good news for the multiplayer community!

Move to Shacknews to read the entire interview.

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

I wonder if I'll get any royalties!....

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix View Post
    I'd like natural wonders. They'd be randomly generated at the start of the game and would offer bonuses to science/culture/trade depending on what it is.

Eg Giant's Causeway would give culture in early game and a science bonuis upon discovery of geology.

Harbour of Rio would give additional trade routes. Everest would have troops in the closest city given a free promotion (the attack/defence/movement in hills one).

Perhaps they would require an improvement to be built. It could be religious (early game), upgradable to scientific (after getting certain techs mid game), then upgradable to tourist (late game).

Also, nice avatar Sava.

Comment

You deserve it
      At least your name in the credits
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

that reminds me of the geographical features from SMAC.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Ah yes, the good ole Monsoon Jungle.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hmmm, they are a little more vague than actually stating that PBEM, pitboss etc will be the "new modes" Dennis is talking about though it is a logical assumption.

CS
            Global Admin/Owner
            Civilization Players Leagues
            www.civplayers.com
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
              that reminds me of the geographical features from SMAC.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The Roman Legion, for instance, can build roads and forts, things previously just given to the worker [unit]. As the Romans, your legions are going across the landscape and paving their own roads at the same time. There are a lot of unique units like this.

I will give credit to Civ3 for the easy unit alteration screen; I actually modified the Roman Legions in that game to build roads.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                X