Importing Civ 4 Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Civ 4 Maps

An interview conducted by Bitmob reveals that you can apparently import Civ 4 maps to Civ 5. Pretty nifty.

http://www.bitmob.com/articles/impor...-maps-to-civ-5

Thanks SnakeFist! Great first post, welcome to Apolyton!
    You just beated me to it

----

Jon Shafer, Leader Designer of Civilization V, confirmed to BITMOB's Rob Savillo that it will be possible to import Civilization IV maps into the Civ 5 World Builder!
    "including all the units and cities and stuff on it -- the conversion process will just do that for you automatically." Jon Shafer said.
    2K Games confirmed this when Bitmob double checked the news. Earlier rumours about mods and scenarios being importable were denied.

Read the news at Bitmob

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

good news
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It is nice but I think of limited use, not to many of us use world builder custom maps, except the Earth map guys. It would have been really nice if they made us a utility to convert the Civ4 python map scripts to Civ5 lua map scripts.....

CS
        Global Admin/Owner
        Civilization Players Leagues
        www.civplayers.com
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

You could probably write a quick script to generate the map with python and then convert it, same effect.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            You could probably write a quick script to generate the map with python and then convert it, same effect.
            Something tells me that with the changes from squares to hex's that it might be a little more complex than just a straight forward code translation.

CS
            Global Admin/Owner
            Civilization Players Leagues
            www.civplayers.com
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

I would like some kind of UI for creating procedural civ maps..
              Think lots of sliders, noise algorythms etc.. Kind of like a mapscript but its generated via a gui that's artist friendly.
              Something like worldmachine . see world-machine.com if you have no idea what I'm rambling about.

Comment

I wonder how they handle units, tile improvements, city improvements, etc. that are in Civ 4 and not in Civ 5!
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                X