More victory and city conquest details on The TMR Zoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More victory and city conquest details on The TMR Zoo

The Utopia Project and moving Space Ship parts to your capital: The TMR Zoo blog reveals new and improved ways to be victorious in Civilization 5!
    The blog publishes an E3 preview of Civ V and comes with some stuning news. The Space Ship victory has received a new addition. The Space Ship must physically be brought to the capital before it can be launched, which ends the game. Space Ship parts on the road to your capital are a target for rivaling civilizations. "The demonstration I attended ended with the Atzec capital being nuked in a glorious blast because their final part, the cockpit, was about to be delivered to it"

Earlier today we received news already about the cultural victory through social policies. (With the culture you gain you can 'buy' new social policies from the 10 branches that are becoming available through the game. Every social policy gives you specific bonuses. The ones you purchase define the way your civilization develops).
    The TMR Zoo now reveals that the Cultural Victory can be gained by researching the "Utopia Project" after getting a certain number of policies.
    Another number of social policy branches are, according to The TMR Zoo: “Tradition”, “Liberty”, “Honor”, “Piety”, “Patronage”, “Autocracy”, and so on. Earlier today "Commerce" was already made public.

Another addition to the game is the "puppet governament" you can install in a just conquered city: "there are now three options to employ after conquering an enemy city. You can now install a puppet government in a city rather than annex it or raze it."

Read the entire preview at The TMR Zoo

Last edited by Robert; June 16, 2010, 16:24.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Great news, cool screen shots.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

They never have underground activities nor do they have underwater actions . . . For example, a PT boat detects a sub off of the coast. In the game, the sub looks like it is on the surface . . . Also, to build bridges and tunnels to add to roads special workers need to be recruited . . . but I guess it does not matter in the long run? Some people would think all of the micro-management of the workers is too much trouble. For me though, I really like building my civilization . . . war is just a way from boredom. (Oh yeah, meeting people and socializing . . . )

Comment

Man, I still remember one game of a previous Civ (2 or 3) where I had to repeatedly use spies to nuke an enemy capital over 30 tiles behind the front lines and seize it in one turn to prevent the enemy from winning a space victory.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

It wasn't Civ3 as I'm playing it now and you can only use tactical nukes (short range) and ICBMs (any range).
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

In Civ 1 and 2 taking the opponent's capital destroyed the spaceship.
            Having to move the parts to the capital is nice. It's also fun for OCC.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
            X