Interview on Gamespot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview on Gamespot

No more culture/science/espionage slider. No more telling you what the AI is thinking for diplomacy.

Can't say I approve of the latter. Frankly it will always be a game of min-maxing, only now it is harder to accurately min-max.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

I have to say though that I like the way the new culture victory system sounds. However the diplo victory seems like it may as well be a commerce victory since it'll basically be a game of how many cities can you pay off. Diplo victory was always stupid in my opinion, I always played with it turned off.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I think it's all sounding really promising so far. Sounds like they are culling tedious micromanagement wherever possible.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

They're working on bugs and performance, and finishing a few features.
        Sounds like the game is almost in Beta!
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Well if it's supposed to be out this autumn you'd really hope they were about there by now!
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Social Policies, ten branches.

It sounds like you earn culture, the more culture, the more features you can 'buy' per branch.
            It's a neat new way to use culture.
            It's a new choice to made! In which branch will I invest more. This makes a difference for the direction you take your civilization.

What branches can there be? Speculation?
            - Honor: military bonusses (confirmed)
            - Commerce: improves gold output (confirmed)
            - Science?
            - Diplomacy?
            - Tile improvements?
            - culture?
            - naval transport?
            - buildings?
            - production?
            - ??

- Ranged attack:
            Siege units must be setup prior before they can attack, but they have a stronger ranged combat then other units.

- Zone of Control is back!
            Applies only to units of players you're at war with.

- AI leaders will raise questions when you park a lot of units near their borders. Your response is important.

- city states
            There are 3 types of city states:
            * maritime
            * cultured
            * militaristic

"While city-states can be friends with any player, they can be allied to only one at a time. City-states grant all of their resources to their ally and will join that ally in war, which makes an allegiance with city-states a very handy thing to possess. "

City states may make requests, like cleaning out barbarians or annihilating other civs!

- Gold
            Use gold to buy tiles(!), units, buildings, etc., but also to please city states!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
            X