1 Unit max for each hex (field)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Unit max for each hex (field)

I am worried for the gameplay of Civ5 since i heared that you can only unit for each field. I understand that is makes every hex mutch more importand. But I have some questions about this subject:

1 How about City's? Can you have more than 1 unit in the city hex? If so, that is hard to conquer this city, if not you not be able to defend the city, because you can have I believe 6 units (round the city) to attack your city.

2 what about transport ships?
    3 Can you pass units that er slower, example can you pass with a horse if there is a warrior in your way?

perhaps you guys know a few questions as well?

See this video, to learn more about the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efptOphCGs0
    Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Originally posted by Beatie View Post
    1 How about City's? Can you have more than 1 unit in the city hex? If so, that is hard to conquer this city, if not you not be able to defend the city, because you can have I believe 6 units (round the city) to attack your city.
    I don't have the answer to this but I do remember reading that cities defend themselves, not the units inside. I imagine the cities strength will depend on stuff such as size, culture, tile location, distance from capital and buildings and wonders inside.

Comment

1. It will be much more important to keep the enemy from surrounding your city. If you have units in each of the surrounding 6 hexes, they won't be able to get there Remember they wont be in stacks either. Do note that they have also said that units that lose a combat will not necessarily be destroyed - units will last longer.

2. What they have said: The stacking limit is one unit of each type (military, civilian, air) per hex. Transports will each represent one unit, but they count as civilian so you can defend them with your navy. You do not build transports anymore: units will be able to transform into transports as needed (though only after a certain tech has been researched).

3. Units will have more movement (minimum of 2). They have said units will be able to switch places.

Comment

Originally posted by thyrwyn View Post

You do not build transports anymore: units will be able to transform into transports as needed (though only after a certain tech has been researched).
        I missed that. Where did you learn this?

Comment

It was in one of the previews from PC PowerPlay. It is on the list of confirmed features over at civfantics.com (though I feel dirty linking to it from here )

Comment

No stacks, units more expensive, cities defending themselves...

Me like. :-)
            Last edited by Aro; May 23, 2010, 08:06. Reason: grammar... I hope.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

intesting reply here! I still like to know how to attack a city. it sounds that you need to think more how to plan your attack. I hope that Civ5 is still Civ game and that is is not all about warfare now!

and how aboutroads? I think it's better to make much more roads because of the no stacks rule.
              Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

I think like they've tried to do before (I think in Civ III) they're making warfare much more difficult and costly (though I love the idea that units aren't destroyed when defeated.) and hopefully this means that peaceful players like myself need to think less about war and more about diplomacy.

For me it's all about the diplomacy that will make or break the game. As good as it's been in recent civ games I can't help but feel they've stepped back from Alpha Centauri's and think they should develop that style more.

Comment

Working...
                X