No announcement yet.

The Civilization V DLC speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on what format the "extra stuff" takes. If it's mods and such, new mapscripts, whatever, should be fine.

The main objection most people have with DLC seems to be with extra stuff to the *base game*, which is the same concern you're having. So if they stay away from that, DLC might not be that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
      Depends on what format the "extra stuff" takes. If it's mods and such, new mapscripts, whatever, should be fine.

The main objection most people have with DLC seems to be with extra stuff to the *base game*, which is the same concern you're having. So if they stay away from that, DLC might not be that bad.
      There is absolutely NO REASON of introducing free stuff through DLC and not through patch. You can turn on/off the mods. The ONLY reason for DLC is if they want us pay for extra content. And in this case they will be tempted to leave things out of the game that should be there in the first place, so that we buy that stuff.
      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
        There is absolutely NO REASON of introducing free stuff through DLC and not through patch.
        Those aren't the only two options.

You can turn on/off the mods.
        What do you mean by that and how does it relate to this topic?

The ONLY reason for DLC is if they want us pay for extra content.
        Well that's hardly true. Simply having a central portal is reason enough, even if everything there is free. (DLC doesn't have to have associated costs.)

And in this case they will be tempted to leave things out of the game that should be there in the first place, so that we buy that stuff.
        So you're concerned that over time simple greed will inherently take over the system, even if the system is set up with good reasons and without abuse originally?

Comment

Civ 5 will not include any scenarios out of the box, focusing on the core game
          I just stumbled upon this info. I think is very likely that the official Firaxis scenarios will be the DLC.
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
            I just stumbled upon this info. I think is very likely that the official Firaxis scenarios will be the DLC.
            Or in the expansions.

Comment

And, not or, would be my expectation...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
              X