Looking for a job? 2K seeks Civilization Community Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a job? 2K seeks Civilization Community Manager

If you're looking for a job then the "Civilization Community Manager" position at 2K Games may be interesting for you!

"Overview:
    The Civilization community manager will be responsible for overseeing the Civilization franchise in-game communities. This role will communicate daily with fans, helping them with technical and other in-game issues, as well as collecting relevant data from gamers and reporting back to the internal team for future game improvements. The Civilization community manager will be responsible for tracking and assessing mods and other technical additions within the Civilization community and should have a Computer Science degree and a background in PC game mods as well as online gaming communities (Knowledge and comfort with Facebook or other social games are a plus.)"

Some of the Responsibilities:
    • Manage in-game Civilization communities and interpret customer issues and requests and return with concise instructions and explanations
    • Track, assess, and implement mods and other in-game augmentations
    • Be the liaison between the Civilization in-game community and the 2K team

To get the job you need "A passion for Civilization games".
    Anybody available? Then contact Brooke Grabrian (415.250.4195) at 2K Games.

More information at Gamasutra

It seems like 2K and Firaxis are really dedicating themselves into getting in touch with the community! Good news for all of us!

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Ouch. That has to be one of hte more awful jobs out there.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Getting paid to sit on Apolyton and CFC all day? I would totally jump on that if I didn't already have a field.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

They would want you to deal with the "moders" however not the more entertainig OT drama.

I too think that this is a horrible job. You would have to go through a ton of **** everyday in order to find some gems. Especially in the beginning.
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

But you get paid to help turn that **** into gems. I would like such a job too.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I had this exact job for a different game company about 15 yrs ago. Was... interesting.

Comment

Did it pay well? Why did you leave?
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                Did it pay well?
                Actually, it did. But I had to negotiate them up. I studied Computer Engineering at VA Tech and finished in CS at JMU, and my first job was working for Perdue Farms (the poultry company) as IT manager at their further processing plant. So they paid me more than I was making for a Fortune-100 company (I think Perdue is a Fortune-100, but if not they're close).

Why did you leave?
                Multiple reasons. Mostly because my wife was out of work and got an excellent offer in DC to work for the government. I was pretty portable, and had already lined up a job.

Comment

Man, I wish I had the time for something like that.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I have to agree with both Krill and Ozzy... on one hand, it could be a terrible job. Yet on the other hand, being paid to surf and interact with the Civ community... there are worse things
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I found that, when you take something you find enjoyable and do as a hobby, and change it so there's a boss riding you, with deadlines, enforced minutae, etc., it loses something in the translation.

Did I just agree with Krill?

Comment

Yes you did
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          Man, I wish I had the time for something like that.
                          "Oh where did our other Modders community go? They were really hot!"
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Yes you did
                            Only taken 2 years...
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              I have to agree with both Krill and Ozzy... on one hand, it could be a terrible job. Yet on the other hand, being paid to surf and interact with the Civ community... there are worse things
                              Apparently you don't post at CFC any more.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X