Lets Ask them about Civ5 at PAX East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Ask them about Civ5 at PAX East

So I got one of the reserved seats at PAX East, so if you have any questions you want me to ask 2K and Firaxis, please post them here.

List of questions so far:
    1. Can you get them to show you how Social Policies actually *work*? Especially I'd like to know about the Religion Options.
    2. I would very much like to know about Resources. Is it correct that Luxuries & Food resources will be infinite, or will they be finite this time around?
    3. On a related matter, how exactly do finite strategic resources work?
    4. List of Civilizations
    5. Multiplayer plans ---
      Jon: Can you go deeper into what is planned for the MP system? i.e. P2P or Dedicated Server? Gamespy still in or some other service? And the "community hub" concept? Or is this still not defined at this point?
    6. Technology Tree? Future Techs - will stop their tech tree in the present time (or near future) (aside from the usual "future technology") or if (be it in the vanilla game, or in maybe an expansion pack for Civ V) they intend to introduce "real future technologies" into the tech trees, future techs that really expand the capabilities of the civilizations (for example by being able to colonize or mine the sea floor, by adding future weapon systems or maybe even by being able to build colonies on moon or mars)
    7. how will the graphics change if any? Are the current screenshots actual gameplay or just place holders?
    8. unique powers (buildings, units, traits) of each civ leader
    9. Will each civ also have its own unique power, or only Civ leaders? (i.e. will it follow the Colonization model?)
    10. If archers can shoot across entire tiles, does this mean they will be able to fire across the English Channel on earth maps? Just how exactly does Ranged Combat actually work?
    11. Will there be a beta test? If yes, will it be reserved to american people?
    12. Intercontinental invasion: From troops to transport?
    13. How big are the biggest maps compared to civ4?
    14. Scale: If im playing on the biggest map available, how big is a hex?
    15. This + is there going to be a game speed which will offer a similiar experience to the "marathon" speed of civ4?
    16. How big is a huge map compared to CIV 4?
    17. when is the scheduled release (sept, oct Q3 Q4?) and are they on track?
    18. How many civs at the same time on a standrad or huge map? (recomended number)
    19. And how does it work when you have freindly units (but not your own, like an allied unit) that want to stand on a hex that you already ocupy? If you both can stand on it, will it then be possible to stack units in war if you are playing in team? (one unit from each team) If you cant stan on the same hex, how will they solve the issue with "friendly" barriers?
    20. Will other 3d modellers, like Bryce6, will be able to mod civ5
    21. How will City-states work exactly?
    22. Will there be anything along the lines of vassals?
    23. What about corporations?
    24. Has Civ5 for some of its features taken inspiration from usermade Civ4 mods?
    25. Will Civ6 have spherical worldmaps? What are the considerations to (not) go for a spherical world?
    26. Will there be an SDK like there was for Civ4, like part of the actual code?
    27. Are they sticking with the 1/3rd old, 1/3rd improved and 1/3rd new "rule" (i believe someone from Firaxis once mentioned it for Civ4)? And which features would fall in which category?
    28. Will spying be included in the game from the start?
    29. Will modders be able to create map scripts?
    30. Can the combat model be detailed a bit more, namely 1 unit per tile? attack/defense stats? promotions? archers helping defend units in close tiles? effect of resources on units?
    31. How has the AI been improved, specifically, to improve the gaming experience?
    32. Since religions have been removed as we know them in Civ4, will religion be included in some other way?
    33. Will the AI still be as mindblowingly irritating as in civ4, poping up three-four times a turn (without an option to refuse their audience) to give you stupid demands that you can not direct back, and then stay angry at you for the rest of the game? Why????????
    34. Q: One of the big issue with a hex grid relative to the square grid in the past was the ability of the AI to properly use it. Obviously, computers are more advanced now (along with programing), so how much of a concern is this, and was this takin into account in the discussions as to doing the change?
    35. I'd like to hear more about modding. XML and SDK have pretty much been confirmed by IGN, but will we still have python? What about an in-game worldbuilder in addition to the external one (it was great for testing)? Anything cool that's totally different?
    36. Will we hae air transportation? If so how will it work? What about paratroppers?
    37. How are alllied units who want ot move to a tile you occupy going to be handled? Can they occupy the same hex tile as you?
    Last edited by Steiner-Davion; March 26, 2010, 00:18. Reason: updated list of questions

Ask about there Multiplayer Plans....details...details....details! Other than the "community hub" and a mod system, we know virutally nothing.

CS
    Global Admin/Owner
    Civilization Players Leagues
    www.civplayers.com
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

One interestintg question would be,
      if they, as in previous parts, will stop their tech tree in the present time (or near future) (aside from the usual "future technology") or if (be it in the vanilla game, or in maybe an expansion pack for Civ V) they intend to introduce "real future technologies" into the tech trees,
      future techs that really expand the capabilities of the civilizations (for example by being able to colonize or mine the sea floor, by adding future weapon systems or maybe even by being able to build colonies on moon or mars)

(I always think of Activisions Civ: Call to Power as an example, how Civilization with a good concept of future technologies can look like )
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
      X