PolyCast Episode 88: "Absolutely Have to Listen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 88: "Absolutely Have to Listen"

Not that you had to be told. The eighty-eighth episode of PolyCast, "Absolutely Have to Listen", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with first-time guest co-hosts Carl "God-Emperor" Perkins and Timothy "Steiner-Davion" Seifert.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 03m06s | General
    Civilization V been publicly announced, scheduled for release this fall.
    - 08m39s | Hexes
    For the first time in the Civ series, one of its titles will be hex-based instead of square-based.
    - 15m15s | Combat
    What CivV's combat system is set to bring.
    - 20m11s | Graphics
    How much shiner can the graphics get?
    - 24m45s | Engine
    What's to be under CivV's hood.
    - 30m38s | Civilizations
    Confirmation and speculation on the civilizations and their leaders.
    - 32m45s | Diplomacy
    Stepping up the diplomacy system.
    - 37m07s | Resources
    Getting ready for resource limits.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Have you heard the good word, responding to certain naysayers and a guest may have landed himself a rovering reporter position.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Can you stop the thread spam please? Maybe post this thing as a news item?
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
        Can you stop the thread spam please? Maybe post this thing as a news item?
        It is not thread spam: it is on a topic relevant to CivV.

If the Apolyton staff and administration are willing to post a news item on this as well, I would welcome it.

Comment

I listened to it and actually liked it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            I listened to it and actually liked it.

Comment

Hey - just wanted to pop in quick to congratulate Steiner-Davion for being a guest on your show. A really good podcast! I'm a Dungeons and Dragons Online podcaster myself and Steiner's a great part of the show.

I have to admit my noob-ness when it comes to Civ. I always found the game interesting, but I never knew how to get started with it.

Comment

As a fellow DDO'er I highly recommend Mockduck's podcasts too (if you're interested in the game that is). A year ago I would have said 'Podcasts? what are they good for?" but now there are two shows I regularly listen to.

Thanks Dan and Gerry, and keep up the good work.

As to how to get started with Civ - well, tell those settlers to build

Comment

Originally posted by Mockduck View Post
                  Hey - just wanted to pop in quick to congratulate Steiner-Davion for being a guest on your show. A really good podcast!
                  Since I invited him onto the show, and I edited it, I'll take part of that congratulations too.

I'm a Dungeons and Dragons Online podcaster myself and Steiner's a great part of the show.
                  That would be DDOcast, correct?

I have to admit my noob-ness when it comes to Civ. I always found the game interesting, but I never knew how to get started with it.
                  That's quite all right. I've never played D&D myself, electronic or otherwise.

Originally posted by iamakka View Post
                  As a fellow DDO'er I highly recommend Mockduck's podcasts too (if you're interested in the game that is). A year ago I would have said 'Podcasts? what are they good for?" but now there are two shows I regularly listen to.

Thanks Dan and Gerry, and keep up the good work.
                  Thanks, iamakka. Glad you're still interested and available to tune in.

As to how to get started with Civ - well, tell those settlers to build

Comment

Dan, that would be the one: www.ddocast.com

Comment

Working...
                    X