Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis aims for dual core processors, Kotak previews!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. Wasn't working before. It is now. Cheers.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Athlon 64s have 64 processors. Hence the 64.

Right?
      Of course. It's a state of the art processor. I can't understand what's taking Intel so long, still being on Quad.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
        This is good news as multi core machines have been pretty much industry standard since 2000. I just couldn't believe Paradox Interactive still doesn't offer multicore support even on new games coming out in 2010 as not having multicore support would be like not having a multiplayer option in this day in age. It's just something which should be standard on every game.
        They have dual core support in their current engine from 2007. Unfortuately, activating it results in the games being as unstable as their old games...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Athlon 64s have 64 processors. Hence the 64.

Right?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post

Yet another picture with farms only.
            I have not seen mines or cottages yet on a screenshot. Are they out of the game?
            Also I red somewhere that cities will have 3 hex radius and overlaping will not be good. This and other screenshots are showing a lot of overlap if we consider 3 hex radius.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Remember, such pics are only made for marketing purposes.

Comment

Perhaps food is the only thing you can produce, and you turn it into everything else at the city?
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I am really surprised that there has been no mention so far regarding resource system, including growth, trade and production but i suspect that it won't be much more different than what we had so far.
                  If they change that too we will end up with almost 100% different game and I think that they still subscribe to the 1/3 new, 1/3 old, 1/3 slighly changed rule.

Not that a 100% different game would be a bad thing...
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Working...
                  X