Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolution, Migration and Combat

Revolutions

I immensely liked the Revolution mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=262937&page=1 . I hope that it's ideas are going to be incorporated into Civ5 since it was one of the most important things happened to this game ever (I have been playing since Civ1). However, this mod lacks the ability to install puppet regimes at will. If I capture some cities in the other side of the world, it would make perfect sense to allow me to install a puppet civ there.

Migration

Settlers & workers joining cities would be good, but I think that the idea should be carried even further. There should exist the ability to evacuate cities, converting them to Settlers and military units. For example, a city sized 7 would produce 1 settler, 3 workers and 3 military units and become Ruins with all buildings lost. If all cities were evacuated, a period of Anarchy should follow, ending with establishing or capturing a city again. This would allow fleeing from the superiour enemy or mounting an all-out attack on someone with better land, both options historically very accurate. Think about the Goths fleeing from Alans fleeing from Huns for example.

The game badly needs the option of food trade.

The restriction on founding a city or a fortress within cultural borders of another civ should be lifted. It does not make any sense at all.

Combat

The restriction on units/tile ratio would be a great achievement. However, the maximum ratio should depend on the world size and be greater than 1 in most cases.

There is another weak side in Civ combat, too. The units lack direction. In real wars, attack from rear or behind the back is harder to resist than the attack from front. Unfortified units should be more vulnerable from sides and even more vulnerable from behind the back (-20 and -33% for example). Every unfortified unit should become directed to the direction of it's last move. A fortified unit should be directed to all sides. This would allow more clever tactical play.

Retreat option of defending unit is badly needed. In some cases, both engaging units might retreat. There are lots of indecisive battles with both sides falling back to regain their strength in the history.
Working...
X