Civ V Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ V Options

For me, one of the biggest strengths of Civ IV was it's excellent game options choices. The ability to choose map types, era choice, difficulity level, game speed and others is to be expected. But the ablility to turn certain victory conditions off, play OCC, change barbarian settings, resources placement, and others made the game a better experience for all since the opinions of what people like varies a lot.

One thing I would have like is the ability to keep certain civs out of the game. Sure, you can hand pick the civs, and even mix and max with unlimited leaders, but in our MP games, we play random civs, and their are just a few civs that most people really don't like playing. I would love the option to be able to pick civs that won't be included.

What other game options would you like to see added.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

So in SP opponents could be "Anyone but that psycho Catherine!!"
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes... however, I was thinking of it the other way, that I wouldn't get stuck with Monty in an MP game
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Poor Monty, in CivIV he's like a little terrier, so aggressive but so weak.
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

And so predictable... If you are next to him, it's usually not a matter "if" he's going to attack you, but more a matter of when. And you can usually count on him attacking with a stack long before cats, and as long as you are prepared, you can watch him self distruct decent size stacks against your well defended cities.

It's one of the civs I really hate to play.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I guess we could just go into the xml files and delete him.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I love the idea of a "random but exclude these leaders" option.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Or... random, but only include the following leaders, such as all financial or specific ones.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

I would like a similar thing for maptypes. Sometimes I like not knowing what kind of map I'm playing until I've done some exploring, but I don't like some map scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    I would like a similar thing for maptypes. Sometimes I like not knowing what kind of map I'm playing until I've done some exploring, but I don't like some map scripts.
                    Absolutely agree with this one.

I like playing totally random maps, not knowing beforehand if it is archipelgo, medium and small, continents, or pangeae (for example). Especially since certain strategies really make a huge difference on some maps. Not as important to have the early sailing techs in a Lakes or Pangaea game. Having horses or religion on archipelgo has some diminished use.

Problem is that I never really want the 'mediterranean' option, because it has four map 'edges.' So doing a completely random with the option of excluding certain types of maps would be nice as well.

Also, I hope the option to play toroidal (sp?) stays in. Sometimes going over a pole just makes more sense.

Comment

Being able to place a fort somewhere in the world and as long as it has a supply path to your homeland and is manned with a unit, generates culture for that tile (or hex now). This in order to secure resources without needing to build a city in the BFC... a necessity in OCCs sometimes and would help reduce the need for REXing.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Also place a unit somewhere with the order "do not let others pass" if outside your lands.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

A tile is still a tile whether it's a square or a hex?
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            A tile is still a tile whether it's a square or a hex?
                            What's that in response to?

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                              Being able to place a fort somewhere in the world and as long as it has a supply path to your homeland and is manned with a unit, generates culture for that tile (or hex now). This in order to secure resources without needing to build a city in the BFC... a necessity in OCCs sometimes and would help reduce the need for REXing.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X