Open Beta - good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Beta - good?

Now anyone can play - but the messages on Facebook suggest that I'm not the only potential player having technical problems.

Some Facebook games are very easy to play, with screens loading in a flash, but some are problematical. I've been a fan of Sid Meier for over 15 years but I may not be bothering to take up this challenge.

Best of luck to those who do succeed. (And you'll be welcome to contribute to the CivWorld pages on civilization.wikia.com)
    [Mr] Robin F Patterson

I stopped playing a month ago, civworld just didn't have much depth to it, even compared to other Facebook games.

Comment

I stopped playing awhile ago, but picked it up again. It's kinda fun now because there are so many noobs out there playing it that it's pretty easy to dominate a game.

In my current game, I am basicaly the only person actively playing on my team (Aztecs with two other people who haven't played in 3+ days). I'm getting my butt kicked in overall tech, but when war has been nerfed as much as it has, it makes little difference. The coolest thing is I am dominating finacially. I have well over 100,000 coins and am nearly 30,000 ahead of the next closest player (and he's nearly 30,000 ahead of the #3 guy). The market is mine. I control it. I can place the values of anything I want at whatever I want whenever I want to do it. It's kinda fun. I have 12 gold metals, 14 science metals, 5 production metals and 4 growth metals (noobs are nuts for food, so selling 100 food for 1,000 coins is where I have been making my most money but has ,imited my groth to pop 9).
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

the cool thing about the game is that there is no challene? might as well play civ4 on chieftain level.
        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst View Post
          the cool thing about the game is that there is no challene? might as well play civ4 on chieftain level.
          Or you could play the free game C-evo and set your opponents' difficulty levels individually to suit your level of need for a challenge!
          [Mr] Robin F Patterson

Comment

Oh theres still a challenge. Just because I controled the market, did not mean I was going to win the game. I ended up as one of a civ of three. Just playing and watching my money grow. Then, for some unknown reason, the #1 team (most gold, tech, military, wonders and players) attacked us. They didn't put in a very sincere effort and we three defeated the invasion. With that victory, came chunks of money, all of their tech and all of their wonders. My little 3 person civ was now in first place. I knew it was a temporary thing and as I expected, they gained a tech lead on us again. When they were up several techs, they got revenge on their minds and attacked us again. They put in more of an effort, but we three fought them off again and gained all the stuff we got last time. The cool thing was the the war netting us a stage victory via wonders. Additionally, it put us in first place and in the lead on the last stage of the game. Now we three are not going to win the game, but we had a shot, and thats says alot. Anyway, I have had a great time playing the last two games. I do think the Open Beta is worth a try (but you will still have to remember that the game is NOT Civ).
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I played this game today... Maybe to earlier to tell.. but is seems to be very boring... all you have to do is... wait...click... wait longer.. click... you have to do a lot of waiting.. ohhh yeah you can play puzzle games to get point.. sience of gold.. or whatever.. If I want to play puzzle games.. there are better choices to choose from. It's some kind of chatbox, with a game aspect.. have noting to do with
              civ.. but hey.. just played today.. so i maybe by wrong on this ehhh?:S
              Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Yes,I know that some Facebook games are very easy to play, with screens loading in a flash, but some are problematical. I've been a fan of Sid Meier for over 15 years but I may not be bothering to take up this challenge.all games are not good for child.

Comment

The beta is long over. The real game shut down last year I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X