Beta Coming in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Coming in June

For those who are interested, the beta is coming in four months. There seems to be no indication of whether or not it's an open beta or not, though being a Facebook/online app, my hunch would be yes, it is.

I try not to get too much into online games like this, but I'll probably check this one out, if only because of the name. Hopefully they'll give me reason to keep playing as well.

Facebook won’t be Civ-ilized for a little while yet
    By: Chris
    Published: Mon, February 01, 2010, 10:02 AM

Last October’s announcement that Sid Meier would be bringing his “Civilization” franchise to Facebook elicited raucous celebrations from fans of the classic strategy game – and groans from HR reps, who saw productivity about to take another dive.

Attention corporate America: You’ve gotten a bit of a breather. Take Two Interactive Software tells us that the beta for “Sid Meier’s Civilization Network” isn’t expected to hit until sometime in June.

That’s a bit later than many had hoped, since Meier had said Firaxis would be looking for testers “soon” in his initial announcement. But don’t expect loyalty to waver.

The game will use Facebook’s social qualities to let fans play solo, competitive or cooperative games in a persistent world. It will, like other social network games, be free to play as well.

“Civilization Network will allow you to join together with your friends to create the world’s most powerful, richest, smartest, or just plain coolest civilization,” said Meier in the initial announcement. “You can coordinate your strategy to win great battles, share your technology to jump ahead of your rivals, lobby your family and friends to form your own government and win vital elections, manage and grow your cities to maximize production and happiness, spy on your enemies, and work with your friends to create the great Wonders of the World.”

Three to four months… Man, that’s gonna seem like forever.

Awesome. I can't wait!

(also... happy birthday Beta!)
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Fantastic. Is June now?
      Quiero cambiar el mundo pero no me dejan el código fuente

Comment

It's July. Somebody knows anything about it? Is the beta running on FB?
        Quiero cambiar el mundo pero no me dejan el código fuente

Comment

wow,great new.I was wait for this

Comment

I know they said June but did they say which year?

Comment

Working...
            X