No announcement yet.

Problem with future games... Is my age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Resort was was almost done by the Roller Coaster design game.

The "Insurance Game" almost sounds like a specialized "Sims" add on module.

"Atlantis Underwater Tycoon"???? What is that? A cross between Railroad Tycoon and ctp underwater city in a SimCity setting?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned an IRS Simulation by Sid Meier.

Sid Meier's TAXATION!

Think of a game where you debate flat tax versus other taxation strategies with other simulated economists. You alone can decide what percentage of returns to audit. Feel like bending the rules? Look up an old flame and put her husband on the audit list! Balance the boringness of a bureaucracy with the thrill of office politics. Rise through the ranks of the GS- pay scale with as little personal productivity as possible. Compete with others in a multiplayer snoozefest of tax code discussions and the Laffer Curve hypothesis. Enjoy a game where you are handed no authority but plenty of responsibility!!!!
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Prima subject for a post that rivives a two years old thread!

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

He is a confessed bumpaholic.

Comment

I just can't stop...actually that's wrong, I could stop anytime, but why should I?

It was a fun thread that I missed seeing two years ago...

Comment

How about, "Underwater Ski Resort Taxation Tycoon."

There all bases covered.
            Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
              What about a insurance company simulator, where you have to build fax machines and photo copiers to ensur the fast movement of bits of paer round the office. you also have to build enough lawyers to defend against law suits

, you are hurtring me,

be carefull of what you ask for
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

In "Underwater Ski Resort Taxation Tycoon" you have to build lawyers that defend you in court cases from your patrons when they drown, crash into trees/cacti/whales, or spontaneously combust.
                They also sue the other underwater ski resorts for stealing your obviously copywritten material, and then counter-sue the accident victims for defamation of charactor.

Or something.
                Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

Re: Problem with future games... Is my age?

Originally posted by XarXo
                  Well people, I'm quite old, and I've to admit something: From Civ II MGE there isn't any game that really impressed me by the addiction level that it caused.
                  I am 2 years older than you, so does that qualifies me as an old fogey then, huh? I had the most fun playing Civ1...true. Maybe it was just because I was 19-20 years old, I don't know.

I was a master at Civ1 and Civ2. But I never became so in Civ3. Probably because now as an adult I have too many other commitments going on to play Civ as much as I need to, to beat Emperor. (I've only beaten Monarch in a standard game).

And my old wrinkly rear-end will be downloading some REPLACEMENT leaderheads for Civ4 asap...because if they keep those current leaderheads, they are too cartoonish for me. All the young whippersnappers will not mind them but to me they are caricatures. I want seriousness!
                  Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

There's several problems with this thread:

1) A thread older than dinosaurs got resurrected
                    2) What is this thread doing in the Civ4 forum?

I hope that Civ4 will get me addicted again... ok, hopefully not as addicted as Civ1 or Civ2, but more addicted than most games that has been released for the past few years
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

54 years old and counting, and the latest stuff on civ4 has me "psyched" (again)!

Rise of Nations is a good time-killer, but it's the rare game that I feel good about after it's over (I had one today, though). BHG's notion that battles are a continuous thing is stupid. If other RTS's do the same thing, then ditto on them. Most of the time is spent preparing for battle. I am an old board wargame/war simulations kind of guy from back in the 70's.

Civ3 was good (or better) for most of the last 3-1/2 years for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                        There's several problems with this thread:

1) A thread older than dinosaurs got resurrected
                        2) What is this thread doing in the Civ4 forum?

I hope that Civ4 will get me addicted again... ok, hopefully not as addicted as Civ1 or Civ2, but more addicted than most games that has been released for the past few years
                        I didn´t check the date of the OP before I voted, must be the oldest thread I´ve posted in...
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Don't you play Civ3, Adagio? Or is that game not to your liking?

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
                            -JUST AN EXAMPLE-

I've never seen a ski resort building simulator.

I always enjoyed the idea of putting a black route in an important point only for see newbies crashing at the trees . Imagine a landscape of mountains, rivers, forests and small villages, with the possibility of winter olympic games, creating train or car routes, buying terrains to ol' farmers and having problems with tiny inhabitated but enormous area village mayors.

I feel interesting at this, but nobody done it before. SID MEIEEEEEERRRRR, WHAT ABOUT SID MEIER'S SIM SKI ?

Another cool feature could be DO de routes at human vision just for check near all.
                            I think this came out around the same time this was posted: http://www.activisionvalue.com/sales.../skiresort.htm
                            GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

you are only as old as you want to be

I am in my advanced youth still
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                                you are only as old as you want to be
                                Cool, I'll take 21.

Comment

Working...