Anti-addiction idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-addiction idea

I know we see only good comments on Apolyton about MOO3's timer. But something alot more useful could be implemented in TBS...

Maybe this timer should also have a "bell" that would "ring" at a given hour you programmed to say you "Your session will automatically close just after you finish this turn, so that you can undergo your minimum everyday sleep/actions." I guess it could be said more nicely but anyway...

That would be an awesome advanced option, no?...
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

näää..... those hardcore gamers would crack it within days.....

Great Idea.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

as long as it auto-saves before the session is ended
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The independent groups thread should serve as an anti-addiction idea.

Comment

Its not in the games companies' best interests to remove the "one more turn" factor is it?

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

the more options, the better
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

War of Art: It is not in their interest to oblige the player to stop playing, but it is not for their interest to oblige him to play :P

They are paid when people like what's on the CD and I think many would appreciate.
              Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I can't think of anyone who would want to use that option.

Although an alarm clock would be useful, so as not to forget that your dinner is burning because you got caught up in the game.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd probably give such an option a try. Though I know I have on time closed Civ2 saying "I must go to sleep" just to relaunch it immediately afterwards because I just had a brilliant idea on how to thwart the XXX...
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Interesting. Note that technically it's very easy to write a little separate program that will just terminate the game at a certain time. But, nothing to prevent you from relaunching .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                    X