Downloading old games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading old games...

Well, I just wanted to download Civilization I. Or even better, Colonization. They're old games, they're not in shops anymore, they must be available for free somewhere.

So I suppose I'll just ask someone here where to download an old game.... Wrong!

Even if the game was sold out ages ago, it won't be made available for free, unless the copyright owner explicitly permits it. As far as I know, copyrights can be enforced for at least 50 years or something, and then can be further extended.

It's not very likely you will be able to legally download Civ I or Colonization, without paying, before 2040 AD.

--------------------------------------------

I have seen a lot of such questions around, just wanted to post this just in case someone asks again about downloading "abandon ware".
    Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Only ****ers come in here and ask for a free download...
    1) You can get civ1 and col legally: I've run across several copies in the past months in shops, costing only about €5 so nothing to worry about. Also at ebay these games can be bought legally.
    2) When you want to download it, you can. Ever heard of search engines???

Anyway, no matter what, even this thread won't stop people from asking where they can download games for free. Some people just don't read other threads, or don't care about what is being said in other threads...

Comment

Whether it is legal or not to obtain a specific game, the admins don't like warez advertising or discussions.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
      X