Colonization as a boardgame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization as a boardgame?

I believe that Colonization could be made as a boardgame. It could be inspired by the Swedish boardgame Svea Rike, which covers approximately the same epoch in Swedish history. The players would be the nations of Colonization plus Portugal.
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Sounds like a good ides but wouldn't you be stuck with one map?

Nice to see someone else who likes both Colonzation and Tom Lehrer

Comment

Yes you would only have the real world map, but I never liked the computer generated maps in Colonization anyway.

There are some boardgames with this theme, but they are mostly too complex, and don't usually contain the war of independence.

Hopefully the need of dice can be eliminated. I came to think of another Swedish boardgame - Ostindiska Komapaniet (The East India Company) - which has got a really innovative movement system. The gameboard isn't divided into hexes or provinces, instead you move the ship pieces by holding a card so that one edge touches the ship's bow, and putting the ship so that its stern touches the other edge.
      Last edited by Optimizer; February 27, 2003, 10:49.
      The difference between industrial society and information society:
      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Yes definitely a good idea. Of course without the dice because I like strategic, historic board games but such dices can be very annoying and destroy a well planned siege. A good and fair rule-consulting table would be appropriate. Perhaps we should send microprose your idea.

Comment

Working...
        X