No announcement yet.

Colonization: Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i quite enjoyed colonization, though i found it very easy to beat....the game has nice concepts
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Very well put War4ever! That'S why I hope that they will eventually come around to have a remake of it! I would love to see this game again!
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Colonization 2 - The best game never made.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

There is still hope, SD..eeeh...BC!

I actually like your previous avatars better since I like her a lot!

So long..
          Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
          Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
          Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

BC, your avatar is tasty, but it should read 'Poly Waffle...
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

In an interview a few months back Sid did say Colonization 2 may come out some day. Thats when he got the rights to Pirates and MOM and those older games he worked on.

Plus the Colonies 2 project is still working.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I've still got my copy, and still play it occasionally. I got the CD version...oooo-ahhh....

I think it's one of the most original and most promising games ever. If Sid made a new one I would buy it without even bothering to look at the reviews. It's worth it.

One of the better games out there, especially from the time period....

Meshelic

PS - SID MAKE COLONIZATION TWO!!!!!
                Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Ditto!

Originally posted by Meshelic
                  I've still got my copy, and still play it occasionally. I got the CD version...oooo-ahhh....

I think it's one of the most original and most promising games ever. If Sid made a new one I would buy it without even bothering to look at the reviews. It's worth it.

One of the better games out there, especially from the time period....

Meshelic

PS - SID MAKE COLONIZATION TWO!!!!!
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

i quite like to play colonization, more so than old civ 1, but not when i first got civ 1
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                      BC, your avatar is tasty, but it should read 'Poly Waffle...
                      But the sweet is called Polly Waffle.

Anyway, it was starting to annoy me, so I've gone for an avatar of the glorious Kent countryside.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Man, I love this game. Probably haven't played it in over a year, but it's claimed more of my life than all three Civ's combined. Biggest knock on it, IMHO, was the thoroughly anemic AI, for which the game compensated by excessive cheating, which led to some very wonky strategies for dealing with the other European powers. [Anybody remember setting up perimeters of petty criminals around your land to keep the other guy from setting dragoons all over your roads? Storming his pop 14, 100% SoL colony to keep him from revolution, taking most of the goods and colonists home and then leaving the colony undefended for him to take back so it wouldn't be your responsibility in your revolution? Good times.]

But, speaking of Colonization 2, I thought I'd let the folks following this thread know that there's a band of people trying to build an unofficial one, sort of a la Clash of Civilizations, though nowhere near as developed as that project. I used to follow the Colonization 2 project and give it my input quite regularly, but real life gets so intrusive.

Anyway, it's called The Colonization 2 Project and it's over at www.civgaming.net. I know they're looking for new blood (as activity seems to have dwindled to a devoted few over the past couple months) and I'm pretty sure just about every game feature is still open for discussion. Thought I'd pass that along for the fellow Colonization freaks out there.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X