MoM mapeditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoM mapeditor

Anyone knows some way to edit the map in MoM?
    Some editor or something like that.

I never heard of a program, but if you're handy with a hex editor you can do stuff in a saved file by hand. I used to run competition for friends many years ago and sometimes did that to ensure a fair battle.
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I did a search and couldn't find anything I could use. the one editor I use, grimoire.exe, is just to be able to give yourself mana, gold, books, retorts and spells. maybe fame. no map capabilities,

there's also something out there called momedit. but I distrust this since the documentation says it's only good for version 1.2. which means it probably won't be any good for version 1.31.

Jarvinen's site has a link to a something which offers a guide to hex editing the game, but that's just for the main game parameters in wizards.exe and spelldat.lbx, I think. not for editing the savegame files.

moomin, can yo7u give a guide to editing savegame files, or show us something?
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Sorry, no, the many years have taken their toll on my feeble memories - I recall I did it, but I have no clue what I did today. Since I never dug into the format myself, I would stand to reason to think there must be a manual or FAQ out there somewhere explaining it.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
        X