my daughter is playing civ1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my daughter is playing civ1!!

she's 8 now, and previously only played as a joke or to make fun of me. but earlier this week she asked me seriously how to REALLY play civilization. so I started her out on civ1 (civ for windows). her first game she started in the babylonian starting place and sent warriors around exploring, got a free cavalry and legion for her efforts. she was naturally peaceful, but got irritated when a russian warrior pinned her cavalry to the coast with ZOC rules (she had trouble getting the hang of those rules). she got mad and wiped out the unit pinning her, then went and flattened Moscow.
    She liked wiping out moscow so much that she then went and took berlin. since they hadn't expanded yet, and there were only 3 players, she won the game. in 2720 BC, chieftan difficulty.

Now she's addicted, she can't get enough of civ!!

another civ addict is born.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

FB: congrats!

all the best to Daughter Beast.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

a great day for me too!
      I finally fixed civ2 (after months of agony because my computer crashed).

but I'll have to download all those scenarios all over again

Comment

nicely done father beast.....on a similar note, i finally found the perfect girl.....she loves flattening civs tooo .....

needless to say, the only duels we have are over the computer haha
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Well done. I'm already planning for Daniel. "Boy, I won't buy you Civ5 before you haven't finished all its predecessors on highest difficulty level!"
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

your daughters only 8 and she makes fun of you? Just wait until she's 16... or should that be ?

Comment

thats cool, beast.

where could i get civ#1, anyone know?

Comment

congrats father beast!
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
                  thats cool, beast.

the site frowns on questions like this but its not hard to find
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      congrats father beast!
                      hey you made it news! awesome! but im 7 years old, so she isnt really the youngest civer ever.

edit: stupid joke is gone

Comment

dan went and edited that post, however, the rest of the thread might give you some ideas in how to legally obtain the game

Comment

Hey, FB, can I date her when she's 15?
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Alexnm - why are you banning the elf on your avatar?

Comment

Hi, I started playing Civ when I was 5. I couldn't read, I couldn't write, but my
                              brother played Civ1 way back in 1992, and I one day played around with
                              the computer and started playing Civ. Because I had watched many times when
                              my brother played it (it fascinated me), I remembered how he started it.

I would like to point out that:
                              (a) I am not joking, nor lieing (lying, sp?)
                              (b) Civilization I was not the first game I played; I had earlier played MOO (or was it Star Lords?)
                              with the same principle.
                              (c) For 2 years, I only built catapults, didn't know how to use settlers,
                              etc, etc. I always thought that the game was unfair because AI could build cities...

Comment

Working...
                              X