Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone keep an ancient computer for the sole purpose of playing old games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaglo
    Richard -
    I have had similar problems with ultima 7a (black gate & forge of virtue) on my old pc (AMD 200Mhz MMX processor). With a shareware version of a program called moslo I was able to play it though.
    Originally posted by Richard Bruns on 20-11-2002 12:42
    I would strongly advise against the moslo program. That thing completely crashed my PC when I tried it, forcing me to reinstall the OS. I was using it to try to get the old Ultima games to work.

Comment

This makes me feel a bit inconvinient... and ignorant. Sorry.

As you can propably tell, I had no troubles with moslo.
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

It seems that I may be the only one who is playing Civ 1 on his old Amiga 500+. Now that was a monster. Also on my desk is a P133 with win95. That runs all my old favs too. And a beast of a machine (being delivered on Wednesday) for playing SMAC without waiting for my 100 auto formers....

But the most fun is digging out Syndicate or Wing Commander or Colonisation on the old Amiga. Its 12 years old and goes like a dream.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
          I keep an old 386SX 2Mb RAM with Soundblaster and Roland MT-32 around, for old times sake...
          I've got nearly the exact same computer, mines a Zeos....lol. Kept it stored away for years, then realized I can still run Colonization on it. And a couple other older games....

Gotta find my original Pentium 133, so I can play games like Red Baron or Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe- both of them great games...

EDIT - Oh I can't forget Wing Commander, Wing Commander 2, those were some of the most entertaining games for me ever!
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

i have four computers now, a pentium, a pentium 2 , a lap top pentium and a new one so yeah i guess i have extras kicking around
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
            X