How proceedeth the boardgame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How proceedeth the boardgame?

Just wondering how the Civ 3 boardgame was proceeding. Does anyone know? Is there an official site for it? When is it due out?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

All the official info is @ http://www.eaglegames.net/products/civ.html

I'm acting as the production liaison between Firaxis and Eagle Games, and I must say it looks like it will be a fine product. The production values are great and by all acounts the game is really, really fun.

Last I heard they were shooting for a late August / early September release.

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

Theres a board game for a pc game that was inspired by a board game... hmmm.
      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

gosh and in the terms of our American cousins...

Originality steps up to the plate.

Strike One.
        Strike Two.
        Strike Three.

You're outta there! Originality is struck out by Irony.

Comment

Well, according to the site, they're going to put up the rules soon.
          Of course, the good thing about a boardgame is, unlike most computer games, you can fiddle with the rules to suit yourself if you're not happy.
          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Of course, the good thing about a boardgame is, unlike most computer games, you can fiddle with the rules to suit yourself if you're not happy

last time I checked, civ3 (computer game) got an editor. Did they remove it in their latest patch?
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
              Theres a board game for a pc game that was inspired by a board game... hmmm.
              The only question is when they make a PC version of Civilization: The Boardgame?

Comment

I believe that the original Civilization computer game was based upon a board game of the same name.
                Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                  Of course, the good thing about a boardgame is, unlike most computer games, you can fiddle with the rules to suit yourself if you're not happy

last time I checked, civ3 (computer game) got an editor. Did they remove it in their latest patch?
                  Unfortunately you can only edit what they let you
                  "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

I must say I'm a little disappointed at what I've seen so far. The map looks like it is static. No random map generator! This is normally such a basic function in Sid Meier games. How could they miss this out!

Comment

best one all day

btw: will we be getting complaints now there isn't a SP mode, ah well, they will patch it

P.S.:will anyone of you buy this?
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
                        I believe that the original Civilization computer game was based upon a board game of the same name.
                        No. Avalon Hill made the VERY FIRST computer version of the original Civilization board game was for no discernable reason called Incanabula and it was bad enough and buggy enough that I can only remember that it was in GLORIOUS CGA colors. Black, white, purple, green, and two other colors that were carefully chosen to be completely useless. The game disapeared without a trace real fast. So did AHs first attemp at a computer game division.

Sid claimed he never played the board game untill after he finished making Civilization. It sure didn't work like the board game.

Avalon Hill later made another PC version of the board game version of Civilization and this time they actually got it to work. I hear that it wasn't very good though. It would be awfully hard to get the AI to be good enough for that kind of trading game.

Comment

I'll defenitely buy it.
                          That there's no random map generator is a pitty, but I can understand it. The game must already be awfull complex for a boardgame.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

From what I've seen of it to this point, I'm impressed enough. I'm itching to get my hands on it, simply so that I can share the wealth with my wife. I've tried getting her into any of the Civ games, but she hates computer games. Now she'll have no excuse. Plus, it's been a long time since I've played the AH boardgame, and I'm looking forward to seeing the evolution here with regards to the gameplay compared to the AH version and how they ported Civ over from the PC...with a buncha willing guinea pigs.

Comment

BTW, what is the PC version of Advanced Civilization like? Anybody know?

Comment

Working...
                              X