No announcement yet.

Where can I get a copy of Colonization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a copy of Colonization?

Anyone know where I can get a copy of SM's Colonization?
    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Look into this thread for an answer...

Apart from that, I have no clue, since there was a crackdown on abandonware sites offering Colonization.
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Re: Where can I get a copy of Colonization?

Originally posted by dexters
      Anyone know where I can get a copy of SM's Colonization?
      Well, if you lived in northern Texas, I could give you the address of a bookstore that had 4 copies of it, but seeing as you're in Canada, it might be a little difficult.
      You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Apart from that, I have no clue, since there was a crackdown on abandonware sites offering Colonization
        Bummer. I was looking for a copy too
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I saw a shovelware CD pack not long ago that had Civ, Colonization and a couple of other similar games. You might try Fry's if there's one near you.
          "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

I have a link from where one can download Colonization (I dl'd my game from there). Feel free to PM me for the link.

Edit: And, heaven forbid, please don't start whining about how this is illegal. In Finland there's a near zero chance of finding it in a store, and I bought Civ3 and played it twice so let's say I'm just settling the score...
            Last edited by Kassiopeia; June 23, 2002, 19:11.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

right on kass!
              My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Edit: And, heaven forbid, please don't start whining about how this is illegal. In Finland there's a near zero chance of finding it in a store, and I bought Civ3 and played it twice so let's say I'm just settling the score...
                The thing with this games is that they become abandonware after 5 years and as such should be available for download. Colonization is what? 12 years old but it's still protected by law. The same thing is with Pirates, Civ1 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler

The thing with this games is that they become abandonware after 5 years and as such should be available for download. Colonization is what? 12 years old but it's still protected by law. The same thing is with Pirates, Civ1 etc.
                  The game becomes abandoned when its not sold nor supported by its publisher, but still then its illegal to download it..copyright stands for 75 years..no matter what anyone sez its still warez...
                  (abandonware=abandoned warez)

(dont think i'm flaming or something, just pointing it out )
                  Some people never get crazy...but truly boring lives they must lived...

Comment

75 or not it's just an old law, made when computer porgrams never exsisted.

It should be changed.

Comment

And chance to be punished because of using that sort of "illegal" software is smaller then 0.00001%.

Comment

Exept if you want to sell Civ1 or to give it for free on some demo program.

In that case that's a REAL illegal thing.

That's maybe the reason why Civ1 or Pirates are protected.
                        So they (producers) can give it to us on some demo disc.

Comment

For example,
                          if Infogrames wants to realese all Civ DVD.
                          (civ1, civ2, civ3 included)

Comment

The game becomes abandoned when its not sold nor supported by its publisher
                            I know. it would probably be hard to find Baldur's Gate (which is 4 years old) on an abandonware site .

But I was reffering to Colonization and such games which aren't widely distributed (at least not here). The rules should be changed

Comment

You know those junk software sections that some stores have, where they sell stuff in jewel cases, no boxes, for $10 or less? Mostly it's decade-old shareware, or clip art, or something even more useless. But today I was in Fry's, and there among a stack of the usual crap was a copy of Colonization, priced at $4.90. Keep looking, there's hope!
                              "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Working...
                              X