No announcement yet.

Favorite European powers to play in Colonization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch are still OK, as in their Merchantman at the beginning, and their more favourable exchange rates, but I still find my commodities reduced to 1 gold per unit.

And as for the French, their bonus is made a bit redundant as relations with natives really do deteriorate. Perhaps the best hope is to occupy lands near one of the larger tribes that have many more camps/villages (eg. Iroquois, Sioux, Tupi) and wipe out a sufficient chunk of land, and take their capital after that. Since they'll surrender, and leave you with all that land a good distance from their nearest remaining camps, relations probably won't deteriorate since for some reason they are returned to favourable when you burn their capital.

I stand by my favourites being Spanish and English.
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Spanish and the English
      English are the best for a quick growing colony complex.
      The spanish are fairly well for fighing if used well.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I like the Dutch just for the ship.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I like the English for the people. A few firebrands, a fountain of youth and I'm off to the races. The AI can never catch up.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
          X